Cubbers
2 Bronze

RE: U2415 standby settings issue

If you haven't already, be sure to try a new HDMI cable. I was using a cheap one from years ago, but using the new "high speed" one that came with my new graphics card, the problem was gone.

0 Kudos
PhotonX
1 Copper

I would need to buy one... Currently I'm using an HDMI 1.4 "high speed with ethernet" (from here: www.mindfactory.de/.../2-00m-HDMI1-4-Anschlusskabel-High-Speed-mit-Ethernet-19pol-HDMI-Stecker-a_685... ).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
PhotonX
1 Copper

Another user has no such problems (using Ubuntu and HDMI). Maybe it's some kind of defect?

0 Kudos

What happens, however, is that there is an OSD message box telling me that the monitor will switch to standby in 5 minutes and a progress bar showing the remaining time. I would like to switch off this delay, however I don't seem to find any settings for it in the OSD menu.
* Unfortunately, there is no way to stop this. No, the DDM does not change that monitor setting. You can see in the U2415 Monitor User‘s Guide page 49-50 that it is acting as designed.

Are some Dell employees actually reading these forums? What is the best way to get support from Dell?
* The DCF (Dell Community Forum) primary function is to be a user to user Forum. Although we do step in at times when a post does not receive a reply from a user, it is not designed to be a "one to one" Dell chat service.

PhotonX
1 Copper

@DELL Chris-M: Thanks for your reply! I'm a bit surprised because another user of the U2415 told me that he doesn't have this problem. Maybe there is a difference between the PC becoming inactive and no video cable being plugged in? That is, the monitor might be able to differentiate between a connected cable sending no video signal and a disconnected cable? Just wild guesses so far, trying to explain the facts...

Of course it's not a chat but a forums, I'm perfectly clear about that but I wondered whether Dell employees give some support among other users, which now happened due to your reply. 🙂

0 Kudos

I think you are correct in the differences. Inactive and off/disconnected are different states.

When do we post? What is our trigger?
* If a thread does not get a reply from any other user after 48 hours
* If a thread has 15 or more users with the same hardware and issue
* If obvious incorrect information is being disseminated

0 Kudos
PhotonX
1 Copper

Thanks for the clarification! So I guess, my problem is then that the monitor behaves as disconnected where it should behave as inactive. Is this correct? If so, where to search for a solution?

0 Kudos

I would start by testing the monitor on a different computer and operating system using HDMI. Perhaps a laptop you could borrow. If the issue follows the monitor, get it exchanged. If not, the culprit was not the monitor but something on the Linux system.

0 Kudos