Less than a week ago, I bought a DELL U2417H from dell.ca store. I've been using it for a few days, unfortunately I have some trouble with it
I am getting some gray horizontal bars, they usually start to appears after the monitor has been powered on for a while (usually about +/- 40 min). How noticeable they are fluctuates, sometime they're barely noticeable, sometime they're extremely visible.
I tried to take a picture with my cellphone, the picture is not the best but we can sorta see what's wrong: (FYI, those lines seems to stand up the most when displaying gray colors) :
As you can imagine, this is a bit of a problem. I am thinking of returning the monitor for a refund and get some other screen instead.
I've did some troubleshooting on this, I tried to run the BID (unplugged everything, hold power for 30 sec, turn on monitor and wait for the 5 minute before going in sleep dialog, then press and hold 1 & 4) but I can't get the screen to get on BID.
Anything I should do before considering the return?
Boot the computer into the BIOS. Do you see the issue?
Boot the operating system into safe mode. Do you see the issue?
BID (Built-in Diagnostics) instructions
* The computer and monitor are on showing the windows desktop
* Unplug the video cable (DP/mDP/HDMI) from the bottom of the monitor. Not from the computer
* The monitor then goes into self-test mode
* Press and hold buttons 1 (Preset Modes) and 4 (Exit) simultaneously for two
seconds. A gray screen appears
* Press Button 4. A red screen appears
* Press Button 4. A green screen appears
* Press Button 4. A blue screen appears
* Press Button 4. A black screen appears
* Press Button 4. A white screen appears
* Press Button 4. A text screen appears
* Press Button 4 to Exit the BID