Highlighted
lkrishnamurthy
1 Copper

U2417H, daisy chain, reboot issue

I have the two monitors connected in daisy chain fashion. All the drivers are up to date and Dell system is running Windows 10. I have connected them as per the documentation and MST is turned on in one monitor and off on the other monitor. This works, and both displays show up as independent monitors. The problem I am facing is when I reboot the system with this daisy chain setup, the display  complains that there is no input signal and does not work. The only way i have got it to work is to turn off the MST on both the monitors and as expected with this, the display shows up as mirrored. After booting the system, if i turn off MST on one of the monitors, then it works and displays show up as independent monitors. Is there any way to avoid turning the MST off and on at reboot time and keep the daisy chain working?

Thank you

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

RE: U2417H, daisy chain, reboot issue

The Windows operating system and video card driver dictate to the monitors how they function in a Daisy Chain setup. Not the other way around. The monitors are passive and await those instructions. Have you installed the latest video card driver?

* What specific computer model?
* What specific video card?
* What video out ports are on the video card? (VGA/DVI/HDMI/DP/mDP)
* List all monitor cables and/or adapters attached to the computer and the ports they are using. Example =
Computer Nvidia GTX 1080 DP out --> U2417H DP to mDP cable --> #1 U2417H mDP in (MST On)
#1 U2417H DP out --> U2417H DP to mDP cable --> #2 U2417H mDP in (MST Off)

0 Kudos