Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 6th, 2017 07:00

U2417H - desktop and maximized windows extend beyond physical edge of monitor

Hello - I recently got two new U2417H monitors. One works fine. The other is exhibiting this problem: the desktop and any maximized windows extend beyond the physical edge of the monitor. So, for example, the Windows start button and "Search the web and Windows" field in the bottom tray is out of view. The icons in the bottom tray are cut in half. The top controls of a maximized window are out of view.

The monitor works fine except for this problem. I have restarted. I have done the power reset. I have adjusted resolution etc etc. None of these maneuvers fixes the issue.

Using WD15 dock. DP input. This monitor is #2 of a 3-monitor setup.

Help? Thanks.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

October 6th, 2017 07:00

You are going to switch the order of the monitors and retest. This way we will see if the problem follows a specific monitor and cable or follows the port on the WD15 dock. Keep the current cabling on the monitors.

* Turn the computer and all three monitors off
* Disconnect all three monitors from the WD15 dock

Test the problem #2 monitor by itself on the WD15 dock making it #1 monitor. Does it still have the issue?

Now add a second monitor to the WD15 dock making it #2 monitor. Does #1 monitor have the issue? Does #2 monitor have the issue?

Now add the third monitor making it #3 monitor. Do any of them now have the issue?

No Events found!