Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

August 28th, 2017 01:00

U2417H, "The display will go into PSM in 5 minutes"

My U2417H is connected to PC (Windows 10) by an HDMI cable. Every time I turn off/sleep my computer, the monitor displays "The display will go into Power Save Mode in 5 minutes" and turns off only after 5 minutes. I tried another HDMI cable and it didn't fix it. I can't try DP because my graphic card doesn't have it. How can I make U2417H  turn off immediately after my PC shuts down?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 1st, 2019 11:00

For anyone still wondering how to remove this message. Note, making any changes in the FSM (Factory Service Menu) that break the monitor will not be covered by the Dell warranty.

How to enter the FSM

* Turn monitor off -- press the power button

1.2. Press and HOLD simultaneously the two left-most buttons and then press the power button to turn the monitor on

1.3. RELEASE the 2 left-most buttons

1.4. Press the left-most button --> a service menu will appear in top-left corner of screen

2. Set option ESLogo to Off (use other buttons to navigate and confirm the change). Do not change other settings from this menu!

3. That's it. To avoid accidental triggering of the service menu again, just turn off the monitor and then back on.

Voila! The annoying message won't appear anymore.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 28th, 2017 16:00

There is not an "instant off" functionality. Read the User's Guide page 46.

2 Posts

August 29th, 2017 00:00

Chris, thanks for the answer. This is odd. The manual says

If either DP, mDP, HDMI/MHL input is selected and the corresponding cable is not connected, a floating dialog box as shown below appears.

The cable is connected. In my understanding, a monitor should be acknowledged about PC shutdown and go off. This is how all my monitors worked so far. 

Is this only HDMI issue? Will switching to DP help?

Is there any way to reduce this waiting time, to 1 min for example?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 29th, 2017 16:00

It sounds like this monitor is treating the operating system turn off/sleep as a disconnected cable.

Is this only HDMI issue? Will switching to DP help?
* Unknown. That would be a good test.

Is there any way to reduce this waiting time, to 1 min for example?
* No. You can always just turn it off using the power button. I do that for all of my monitors.

No Events found!