Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 9th, 2018 08:00

U2419H, automatic color temperature change

The color temperature of the screen changes automatically when the monitor is watching the video or when playing the game, sometimes it is yellowish and sometimes greenish. And any settings or software methods are not helpful. This phenomenon is very common. Users who have 20 identical phenomena have been found. If it is not a hardware problem, it is expected to be repaired by the firmware update of the display. Looking forward to the engineer's reply.

2 Posts

December 15th, 2018 03:00

I found a way to solve the problem. I entered the FSM (Factory Service Menu) and set the OD (OverDrive) option to Off. The problem of color temperature change will be solved, but the Response Time will be longer. This OD setting will be reset each time the U2419H is turned off, then on.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

December 10th, 2018 14:00

Firmware are only created for systemic issues found when multiple monitor owners themselves contact Dell and we can reproduce the issue in house on present stock or returns.

You should start by uninstalling the DDM (Display Manager Application) which changes the mode used for multiple applications. Reboot the PC when done. Then enter the U2419H Menu, go to Others and choose Factory Reset. Then retest.

Also, we need all of the following data =
* Was this monitor purchased directly from Dell as new?
* If not from Dell, from whom did you purchase this Dell monitor?
* When was the purchase made?
* How long were using the monitor before you noticed this issue?
* What is the non-private 20 digit S/N?
* What is the non-private A0x revision?

* What operating system?
* What specific PC model?
- If a Desktop PC, what video card? What video out ports are on the video card?
- If a Laptop PC, what video out ports are on the Laptop?
* Show in detail how the monitor is connected to the PC using all ports and cabling. Example =
PC GTX 1080 DP out port --> U2419H DP to DP cable --> U2419H DP in port
PC USB port --> U2419H USB upstream cable --> U2419H USB upstream port

* Turn the room lights on and run the monitor stand alone BID (Built-in Diagnostic) (page 46). Post pictures of the BID colored screens

18 Posts

December 11th, 2018 22:00

捕获.PNGS/N: CN-0TPVNX-WS200-8A6-AHYW-A01

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

December 12th, 2018 05:00

* Turn the room lights on and run the monitor stand alone BID (Built-in Diagnostic) (page 46). Post pictures of the BID colored screens

* We need to see a video of the "issue".

18 Posts

December 12th, 2018 08:00

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg

18 Posts

December 12th, 2018 09:00

video:https://www.bilibili.com/video/av38029934/

Pay attention to the change of grass color

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

December 12th, 2018 14:00

I watched the video. I could not exchange this monitor. If within 30 days from the Dell invoice date, you may return the monitor for refund.

3 Posts

December 14th, 2018 13:00

I have the same problem with my U2419H. It was already replaced and the new one does the same. It is continuously changing the color temperature. The monitor screen gets a pink shade and then blue. This is incredibly annoying during working on this monitor. The Dell support team is currently investigating what could be the problem. I am really disappointed now. Even at this moment, if I misspell something and the autocorrect underlines it with a red line, the monitor gets the pink shade and as it is corrected it goes back to blue. This is clearly a faulty operation.

I was promised: (It’s designed to optimize eye comfort even over an extended period of time.... 99% sRGB coverage to an accuracy of Delta-E less than 2, for precise hues right out of the box)  How would it be possible with that...

2 Posts

December 15th, 2018 03:00

I found a way to solve the problem. Look at my reply upstairs

3 Posts

December 15th, 2018 05:00

Unfortunately, it did not help with mine.

18 Posts

December 15th, 2018 10:00

QQ图片20181215202220.jpg

I tried it and it works for my monitor. Are you sure you are operating correctly?

18 Posts

December 15th, 2018 10:00

How do I save the modified factory mode settings?QQ图片20181215202220.jpg

No Events found!