Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 31st, 2018 03:00

U2515H, HDMI not working

Hi,

I've tried two different high speed 2.0 HDMI cables, connecting to my laptop and also a graphics card.

Computer recognizes the monitor although screen is blank and there's no signal.

Display port with DP cable to mini DP seems to work fine.

Cheers,

-K

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

February 1st, 2018 07:00

In theory, that should have worked because it works on our Dell laptops with USB-C out ports =

MacBook Pro TB/USB-C out port --> TB/USB-C to HDMI cable --> U2515H #1 HDMI in port
* Press the U2515H Menu button
* Go to Input Source and select HDMI(MHL)1

MacBook Pro TB/USB-C out port --> TB/USB-C to HDMI cable --> U2515H #2 HDMI in port
* Press the U2515H Menu button
* Go to Input Source and select HDMI(MHL)2

But I am guessing since we did not test the U2515H on Apple. You should ask the Apple Forum for assistance. Perhaps those Apple users have also tested the U2515H and can direct you to the cabling that they have used.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 31st, 2018 07:00

* What specific laptop computer? What operating system? What GPU? What video out ports are on the laptop?
* What specific desktop computer? What operating system? What video card? What video out ports are on the video card?

4 Posts

January 31st, 2018 13:00

Hi Chris,

Thanks for reply.

What specific laptop computer?

Tried on Macbook Pro 15" 2017, and also Macbook 12", both via official apple HDMI to usb-c adaptor.

What operating system? What GPU? What video out ports are on the laptop?

OS is High Sierra, GPU I tried a 1070GTX via Sonnet 550w (direct HDMI to HDMI). For connecting from laptop to monitor I'm using the USB-C as mentioned above.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 31st, 2018 14:00

Sonnet? That doesn't sound like a desktop computer?

What we do know is that the U2515H was never tested/validated with the Apple proprietary hardware, operating system (including Windows Bootcamp), and drivers.

U2515H.JPG

Is there a non-Apple windows based computer to test the U2515H HDMI in ports?

4 Posts

February 1st, 2018 01:00

Hi Chris,

What I meant was I tried through my Macbook pro USB-C port via the HDMI adaptor first.

The sonnet is not really an issue, it was used it for testing purposes to see if a HDMI to HDMI connection worked.

Any ideas how I can get around this?

Cheers,

4 Posts

February 11th, 2018 13:00

Hi Chris,

This worked, simple as changing the input setting from DP to HDMI!

Cheers,

-K

No Events found!