Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 30th, 2020 00:00

U2515H, Inspiron 15 5567, daisy chain

Purchased two Dell U2515H monitors with intention to daisy chain them from my Inspiron 15 5567.

Chained them to each other using DP cables, but since my laptop only has HDMI out port, got a DP to HDMI cable to use from the first monitor to my computer. Tried HDMI, DP, and mDP settings on the monitor, but no signal. 

I've also tried connecting the first display to my laptop using HDMI to HDMI with display at HDMI setting and connecting the second display to the first using DP cable and setting second display as DP or mDP. But then I only got picture on the first display. The second display can't get a signal. 

What am I doing wrong? Is the cable not enough? Do I need a convertor of some sort?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

July 30th, 2020 04:00

The fault in your setup is because the laptop HDMI out port does not support DP MST daisy chaining.

The laptop must have DP out port, mDP out port, or USB Type-C out port to use a monitor DP MST daisy chain.

A PC HDMI out port cannot upconvert to a monitor DP in port or mDP in port via a direct adapter cable. The adapter cable you bought is designed to do the opposite =
PC DP out port --> DP to HDMI cable --> Monitor HDMI in port

Inspiron 15 5567 warranty expired December 12, 2019
#1 U2515H warranty expired April 26, 2019
#2 U2515H warranty expired May 17, 2020

No Events found!