Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 2nd, 2017 13:00

U2515H, New from reseller, service tag number issues

Hi, I bought the Dell U2515H about a month ago, a day later I checked the warranty status but the service tag number was not found in the database, I thought it probably haven't registered into the database yet because I just bought it. but after a month, the service tag number still return no warranty status. is this normal? I am in Indonesia.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 2nd, 2017 14:00

Did you buy this U2515H directly from Dell? If not, from whom? What is the 20 digit serial number and A0x revision? Using that number, I can tell you when it was manufactured.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 3rd, 2017 08:00

So they had it on their shelves for at least 5 months. A03 is the latest revision I have seen out here. Because you bought the monitor from a reseller, the express service code and tag may have originated in another region of the world which is why the Dell website in your region cannot see it. You need to contact Technical Support for your country. You will then need to email that Technical Support representative a copy of your sales invoice and a picture of the product with service tag number. Once they receive those pictures, they will call you back. While you are on the phone, they will then contact the Dell Tag Team.

4 Posts

November 3rd, 2017 08:00

no, I bought it from a computer store called "anandam computer"

is it okay to post my SN here?

the 3 last digit was A03

in the back panel it says  manufacturing date was april 2017

4 Posts

November 3rd, 2017 09:00

would this be the number I need to call?

www.dell.com/.../customer-support-phone-numbers

I can't find the word "technical support" specifically

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 4th, 2017 08:00

Dell Indonesia Toll Free (Basic support for all product) Monday-Friday 9am-6pm 021-1500-858

4 Posts

November 5th, 2017 22:00

that number is unreachable.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 6th, 2017 04:00

Not sure. This is what I searched.

No Events found!