Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 28th, 2021 21:00

U2515H, P2418D, DDM, Input Manager missing

Hello everyone, 

I have been using two Dell monitors U2515H, P2418D for the past few years. It seems that after the recent updates (noticed about 1 month ago) the DDM (Dell Display Manager) is missing the Input Manager tab? I am absolutely 100% sure that is was there, because I used DDM Input Manager in the past to rename the inputs and create input shortcuts. The funny thing is that the shortcuts still work, but the DDM does not display the Input Manager tab. I tried with three different laptops, the Input Manager tab is missing on all of them. I also tried different versions of the software, but it still does not work. I have noticed that several people asked about this and the answer was often "this feature is not supported on your monitor", well it most definitely was supported on both monitors that I have, because I used it. 

Can anyone please help? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

April 29th, 2021 06:00

zubo100,

I am absolutely 100% sure that is was there, because I used DDM Input Manager in the past to rename the inputs and create input shortcuts.

That is odd. Are you running DDM on the P2418D screen and NOT the U2515H screen? Assuming you are running both in an extended desktop, so when running DDM, you can click and drag it to both, move it to the P2418D screen.

The U2515H online DDM User's Guide does not show the Input Manager tab =

U2515H.JPG

The P2418D online DDM User's Guide does show the Input Manager tab =

P2418D.JPG

425 Posts

April 30th, 2021 01:00

You can use DDM to change the active input using Windows shortcuts and hotkeys on the U2515H, but it will not have (should not have) the Input Manager user interface that the P2418D has. The Input Manager UI supports some features that the U2515H does not have, but changing the active input is not one of them. See the readme included with DDM for info on how to change the active input using the DDM command-line.

425 Posts

April 29th, 2021 04:00

It is not supported on the U2515H, but it should be on the P2418D. Whether Input Manager is supported or not is determined by the monitor firmware.

2 Posts

April 29th, 2021 06:00

Hi there! I have been using the U2515H since 2017, and it has always been there. I know that for sure, because I actively used this feature. As a matter of fact I still do. Right now I can use Ctrl+Alt+Num 1 for HDMI 1 and  Ctrl+Alt+Num 2 for HDMI 2 on the U2515H. But I can not see the settings or change them.

• 

25K Posts

May 3rd, 2021 17:00

Hello, 

This is a follow up to inform you that our engineering team is still working on this. We will reach out to you once we have further updates from them. 

Regards,

Aniketh S

No Events found!