Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 23rd, 2017 23:00

U2515H, no service tag number, warranty instructions?

I bought your U2515H monitor few year ago. then I was in US. It was okay. But, Now I'm in Korea and my monitor sometimes gone and back after hours. I mean blackout. So, I would like to claim warranty for this in South Korea. I contact Dell Korea and they need service tag or express code to claim warranty. But my monitor doesn't have it. So, I wonder can I get my service tag or express code with my serial number. I took some pictures of serial code. But not sure It is safe to post on here. So as long as okay I will post picture of serial number.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 24th, 2017 06:00

Not all monitors have a service tag number. In your case, they would use the Dell invoice order number to see the warranty periods. If not purchased directly from Dell, they would use the 20 digit serial number to decode the date range of the 3 year warranty period.
* Go back to the top of this monitor Forum
* Open the announcement, "FAQ Monitor"
* Read through, "Monitor warranties and replacement instructions"

5 Posts

November 24th, 2017 09:00

But, They don't decode my SN number.

They just tell me that contact original purchase place.

So, I would like to know sevice tag of mine (or something like that or even purchase date.)

Could you guys decode my SN for warranty (or calculate my purchase date)?\

MX-ORYM1V-77341-4C3-03KL

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 24th, 2017 13:00

Well, we cannot "calculate my purchase date" if you did not buy it directly from Dell? If you had, you would have a Dell invoice with a unique order and customer number.

"contact original purchase place" sounds like you did not purchase it from us directly?

Based on the serial number, this U2515H was manufactured on December 3, 2014. The 3 year warranty expires on December 3, 2017.

* Read, "Monitors without a service tag number purchased from resellers (Amazon, Best Buy, Buy.com, Cost Co, Sams, Newegg, Walmart, or other online store, eBay, etc.)"

5 Posts

November 24th, 2017 21:00

I don't have order number and sevice tage for this. Only I have Monitor.

So I contact to you directly to know service tag.

Then base on what yoiu said If I don't have order number or dell ID.. there's no way to claim warranty

with this monitor? right?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 25th, 2017 07:00

Incorrect. You have not read through the "Monitor warranties and replacement instructions" FAQ.

* Read, "Monitors without a service tag number purchased from resellers (Amazon, Best Buy, Buy.com, Cost Co, Sams, Newegg, Walmart, or other online store, eBay, etc.)"

5 Posts

November 25th, 2017 22:00

I tried this numerous times. but, all agents don't understand circumstances. And they don't know "the Dell internal only Oracle Knowledge Information center".

Some agent hang up on me as soon as they hear my accent.

5 Posts

November 28th, 2017 14:00

Is there any solution with online?

My message doesn't seem to be communicating well on the phone.

No Events found!