Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 12th, 2016 20:00

U2515H, no signal from PC?

Just received my U2515H, hooked it up to my computer using the mDP to DP cable provided in the box and immediately got a black screen telling me that there was no signal coming from my computer. I manually selected the input as mDP, so that shouldn't be the issue.

I'm running an Asus Rampage V Extreme mobo so i have a dedicated graphics card: a NVIDIA GeForce 980ti with 2 DP, 2 HDMI, and 2 DVI inputs.

Any suggestions on what might be the cause? I have tried unplugging and restarting both my computer and the monitor with no luck. I have a second U2515H arriving tomorrow, so I'd hate to have the same issue twice.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 13th, 2016 07:00

* Turn the monitor off
* Disconnect all cables from the monitor including the power cable
* Press the monitor power button in for 30 seconds
* Reconnect all cables and retest. Make sure the cable ends are fully seated

Did you test both DP out ports on the GeForce 980 Ti into the monitor mDP in?

9 Posts

January 13th, 2016 08:00

* Turn the monitor off
* Disconnect all cables from the monitor including the power cable
* Press the monitor power button in for 30 seconds
* Reconnect all cables and retest. Make sure the cable ends are fully seated

Did you test both DP out ports on the GeForce 980 Ti into the monitor mDP in?

I have tried the method of powering down, disconnecting, then reconnecting cables. This may sound like a silly question, but how do you press the power button for 30 seconds on a U2515H that doesn't have physical buttons?

I have tested both my DP out ports on my graphics card.

5 Posts

This happened to me when I enabled DP 1.2 option in the menu.

If that is the case, you do not have a DP 1.2 compatible hardware and software/OS. (perhaps if you are using a linux machine)

When your monitor tells no signal... push a menu button for about 10 seconds. It will show you other input sources, keep pushing. Then it will bring a menu to disable DP 1.2. Disable it. Restart the computer.

Hope this helps

9 Posts

If that is the case, you do not have a DP 1.2 compatible hardware and software/OS. (perhaps if you are using a linux machine)

When your monitor tells no signal... push a menu button for about 10 seconds. It will show you other input sources, keep pushing. Then it will bring a menu to disable DP 1.2. Disable it. Restart the computer.

Hope this helps

Thank you for the quick response. I will attempt this method at my first opportunity and let you know how it goes (I'm running Windows 10 Pro BTW).

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 13th, 2016 14:00

Good point, the manual does not make it clear that the button is not a physical button. Just pull the power cord and all other cables and wait 30 seconds.

9 Posts

January 13th, 2016 16:00

Good point, the manual does not make it clear that the button is not a physical button. Just pull the power cord and all other cables and wait 30 seconds.

Sorry, no joy. Still the same issue: the monitor insists that there is no signal coming from the computer and puts the monitor in power saving mode.

9 Posts

January 13th, 2016 16:00

Hope this helps

Sorry to say, this method didn't work. Thanks for trying, though. 

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 14th, 2016 05:00

I think that your video card supports DP 1.2. The default out of box setting in the U2515H is DP1.1a or DP 1.2 Disabled. Did you enter the OSD (On Screen Display) -Display and change it to Enable? Read pages 25-27.

9 Posts

January 14th, 2016 12:00

I think that your video card supports DP 1.2. The default out of box setting in the U2515H is DP1.1a or DP 1.2 Disabled. Did you enter the OSD (On Screen Display) -Display and change it to Enable? Read pages 25-27.

Just opened up my second Dell U2515H and hooked it up to see if the first one was an oddball with its lack of OSD. Nope. The second monitor did exactly what the first did and only showed me options for input method - no OSD. I think the User's Guide that Dell created for this model is copied and pasted from another User's Guide because there are no options to do what the manual suggests. 

9 Posts

January 14th, 2016 12:00

Referencing p.32 ("Using the Front Panel Controls"), I do not have the option of selecting a Menu icon to get into enabling or disabling DP 1.2. (in fact, i have NONE of these icons on my screen). Pressing these buttons only brings me to the input selection where button #1 (from left to right)  = up arrow; button #2 = down arrow; button #3 = check mark; & button # 4 = red x so that I can select DP, mDP, HDMI (MHL)1, or HDMI (MHL) 2. 

Long-pressing (10+ seconds) button #4 locks and unlocks the monitor, but long-pressing button # 3 brings me to an option to enable or disable DP 1.2. I've tried both options and have had no luck. 

9 Posts

January 14th, 2016 14:00

Got frustrated and took the HDMI cable off my tv and hooked it up to the monitor. et viola, the monitor works. Just not with the DP cables. and now i can see the OSD. Unfortunately, you can't get to the OSD unless the monitor has a picture on the screen, which, if you're in the boat that i was in at the beginning of this, doesn't help much. 

I still want to hook up the DP cables instead of HDMI, though. 

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 14th, 2016 16:00

Ok, with the HDMI still connected and both computer and monitor on, connect the DP cable from the video card to the monitor. Can you then use the Input Source select and choose DP?

9 Posts

January 16th, 2016 13:00

Ok, with the HDMI still connected and both computer and monitor on, connect the DP cable from the video card to the monitor. Can you then use the Input Source select and choose DP?

I'm not sure if this is what worked or why it would work, but my monitors are responding to the DP cables now. Of course, now my computer intermittently hangs on Post after hooking up the monitors, but that's another issue.

1 Message

January 11th, 2017 05:00

Hi, I have a similar problem. When I connect dell xps 13 or 15 to U2515H monitor with HDMI it goes into power save mode. I also only get the 'input source' options and cannot go to the main menu. Are there any solutions yet?

Many thanks!

September 18th, 2017 00:00

Hi! I've had this problem for a long time and it now seems to be finally solved.

I just had to update my Asus GeForce 970 firmware to version 1.0:

BIOS update for STRIX-GTX970

Fix DP display issue with certain monitors.

www.asus.com/.../

I hope it helps. Thanks,

Sergio

No Events found!