I am experiencing screen tearing on my Dell U2518D monitor where the screen randomly flickers with wave-like horizontal lines. This occurs via HDMI connection to PS4, and also Chromecast. As it occurs with both devices, it cannot be a fault with the devices themselves or the HDMI cable as they have separate cables - so it must be the monitor. Has anyone been able to fix this issue, or is it a fault with the model or my unit in particular?
* You should be testing using the provided U2518D HDMI to HDMI cable
* You also need to test the U2518D and its HDMI to HDMI cable on a Windows PC using its HDMI out port
* You need to test both of those devices setting the U2518D to HDMI 2.0 and HDMI 1.4 =
* Press the Menu button
* Go to Input Source
* Select HDMI and hold down the button for 8 seconds. A choice should appear;
Enable = HDMI 1.4, Disable = HDMI 2.0 (test both)
* Exit the OSD
Other things to test in combination with the above HDMI setting =
* In the U2518D Menu OSD (On Screen Display) -Display, test with Smart HDR On, then test with Smart HDR off
* In the U2518D Menu OSD (On Screen Display) -Display, test with Response Time set to Fast. Then test with Response Time set to Normal
So lots of test configurations =
HDMI 2.0, Smart HDR On, Response Time Fast
HDMI 2.0, Smart HDR Off, Response Time Fast
HDMI 2.0, Smart HDR On, Response Time Normal
HDMI 2.0, Smart HDR Off, Response Time Normal
HDMI 1.4, Smart HDR On, Response Time Fast
HDMI 1.4, Smart HDR Off, Response Time Fast
HDMI 1.4, Smart HDR On, Response Time Normal
HDMI 1.4, Smart HDR Off, Response Time Normal
For my notes, send me via Private Message the U2518D service tag number.
I have the same issue with my PS4. I’ve talked to numerous Dell Technical experts and there does not appear to be a solution. It is a problem unique to this model. I have not seen any other monitor with this issue before. Google search Dell U2518D and you’ll find numerous posts with people having this issue.