Michal3D
1 Nickel

Re: U2518D, tearing, stuttering

Hi,

I have a problem with updating the firmware. It stucked at "verifying update..." phase for more than 30 minutes now and it does not move at all.

What should I do?

Thank you

0 Kudos

Cancel out of it, get back to the Windows desktop, reboot, try again.

0 Kudos
Michal3D
1 Nickel

But the "close" button is grayed, also "x" button doesn't work as well. So should I end the program in task manager?

Also, should I turn off the monitor and replug power cord before I will try it again?
0 Kudos
Michal3D
1 Nickel

So I closed the application, rebooted system, started the update again and the result is the same:

1) preparing monitor for update - OK

2) updating - OK

3) verifying update - fail, stuck

Also it stucked on the exactly same place like before and it is right after the "update" process is finished, so progress bar didn't move a bit in the "verifying update" part.

0 Kudos

Not sure what to say. I have not seen any other user report that they could not update the firmware. Netopir123123 has tried it, or they were successful. So we know the file itself is sound.

0 Kudos
Michal3D
1 Nickel

Ok, so after 3 "unsuccessful" attempts, there was no other way than turning off the monitor. No buttons on monitor worked, and even after I did shut down PC, monitor LED was still on, so I unplugged power and repluged. Surprisingly, monitor turned on and it shows the firmware version M2T103. I don't know if I should try to do a clean update of the firmware again (maybe with other PC), when the monitor seems to work correctly.
And as it is not solved this problem, there will have to be another firmware (or something) anyway.

So this firmware M2T103 solved the problem with green color, but as far as tearing/stuttering, this problem is not solved and it is exactly as with M2T101.

Also this is a photo, where the update process stucked every time:

M2T103 update stuck

0 Kudos
joselechu
1 Copper

Good, I'm having exactly the same problem, and I've reached the same conclusion in 1080p in a ps4 happens every 2 minutes however in 720 it disappears completely, my monitor is dated July 17, I dont know what it will be but I'm honestly considering its return since I see what happens in almost all
0 Kudos
qwerty1357
2 Iron

In my case moving to this monitor from a 1280x1024 one removed the option for the XPS8900  system to go into standby - not sure why this is. The Nvidia control panel wouldn't open but another forum suggests it's because the HDMI cable is plugged into the PC box rather than the Nvidia GTX750Ti card directly - I've yet to get a cable with the right connectors to try this. See my post on the win10 board for more detail. Apparently, and according to some note I got  from a Dell employee, there is no real 1 to 1 Dell support on here, just an exchange of views from users! Some after-sales service! On the website I can't access support on the monitor because the site demands an order number whereas I bought it from a reseller.

0 Kudos
HMT69
1 Copper

Hi,

Did you manage to get a "real" fix for the tearing and/or stutter issue.

I am waiting on my 2rd replacement. My original monitor had these issues as well, but using CRU setting the refresh rate to 60.002 hz it worked "fine" (Vsycn enabled) until some update. Either windows, gfx or whatever...

Monitor died on the firmware upgrade. Replacement had bad pixel errors.

Highlighted
Clarkeez
1 Copper

Hi all,

I'm having the same issue with all 3 U2518D's that I have purchased.

I'm using GTX 770 via DisplayPort. It also happens with Xbox One S and Xbox One X via HDMI.

Can we get a response from Dell on this?

Matt