Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

February 11th, 2018 04:00

U2518D, USB downstream not turning off

I recently got two Dell U2518D. One was a replacement under warranty for a U2515H. The other I bought from Dell. The U2515H had a feature to turn off all of the USB ports when the U2515H was a sleep. This doesn't seem to work on the U2518D. They are both on firmware M2T103 and monitor sleep is Enabled. USB devices are plugged into the underside of U2518D but seems to keep all 4 USB ports powered on. Additional information, I am using all inputs on both U2518D's, although none are active and monitor does go to sleep, the USB ports stay on. Also I am not using the USB upstream cable to my PC.  

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

February 12th, 2018 05:00

So to be clear, your complaint is that the U2518D USB downstream ports stay ON when the U2518D goes into a sleep mode?

Are you saying that you want every USB device that is plugged into the U2518D USB downstream ports to go to sleep when the U2518D goes to sleep?

2 Posts

February 14th, 2018 09:00

I have LED light strips plugged into the U2518D downstream ports. To help defuse the harsh blue light from the monitor in the evenings when the lights are off, on my U2515H when the monitors went into sleep mode the downstream ports turned off. I believed the U2518D had the same functionality, given the OSD menu shows. Personalise > USB > Off during standby 

By this the manual says the USB ports will be turned off whilst the monitor is in sleep, thus it should behave exactly as the U2515H did? But it doesn't, the USB downstream ports stay on even in sleep mode, and only turn off when the monitor is turned off by the power button.

Is this a fault with the firmware? is there an option I've failed to enable in the OSD, there must be something, because the OSD allows you to specify whether the downstream ports stay on or off in sleep mode.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

February 14th, 2018 13:00

With the USB upstream cable disconnected from the PC, the OSD (On Screen Display) -Personalize -USB should be set to "Off During Standby".

Online U2518D User's Guide, page 41 =

Capture.JPG

In theory, that should work.

No, firmware updates are very costly to Dell and are only done to fix multiple reported systemic issues with a monitor. You are the first I have seen to post this specific USB staying on issue. We would have to watch to see if other U2518D users post the same issue.

You could contact Dell Technical Support and have them issue a monitor exchange to see if the replacement has the same issue. But that is a lot of trouble to go through for this issue. Your call.

No Events found!