yoker
1 Copper

U2518D, firmware M2T103, stuck

Jump to solution

I have same issue as others.

I used DP (GPU GTX 770) to mDP (Monitor), Win 10.

Screenshot

I have program still running, how should i proceed ?

Kill program and retry installing firmware ?

What steps should i take to prevent bricking it ?

If update takes effect after reboot, could i try flashing with old firmware ? 

I noticed buttons don't work (OSD Menu system)

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: U2518D, firmware M2T103, stuck

Jump to solution

Problem solved with your message in post =

* If using a daisy chain setup, disconnect the second monitor. Only have a single U2518D connected to the computer which is installing the firmware update
* Connect the U2518D to the computer via the USB upstream cable and one video cable so that you can still see the Windows desktop
* Disconnect all USB peripherals (mouse, keyboard, HDD) from the U2518D side and bottom USB downstream ports
* Those USB peripherals (mouse, keyboard) should be plugged directly into the computer
* Disable any antivirus software
* Reset the U2518D to Factory Default settings in the OSD (On Screen Display) -Others
* Download/save the U2518D firmware update to the Windows desktop
* Run it and it will ask "where to unzip"
* Click the yellow folder on the right
* Click Desktop
* Click OK
* You will see, "C:\Users\user\Desktop"
* Add \FW to the end of that line, "C:\Users\user\Desktop\FW"
* Click OK
* Open the FW folder on the Windows desktop
* Open the Firmware Update Instruction.pdf
* Review this PDF before running "MonitorFirmwareUpdateUtility.exe"

:BigSmile:

0 Kudos
10 Replies

Jump to solution

First, what specific monitor issue are you trying to correct by installing a monitor firmware?

You should not install a monitor firmware just because it is newer. Notice the Firmware Update description states, "Importance: Optional".

If stuck, all you can do is try to cancel out of it. If it bricks it, get an exchange.

No, you cannot backflash to an older version.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Technical Support (Desktops, Monitors, Laptops)
0 Kudos
yoker
1 Copper

Jump to solution

After I shutdown my PC, monitor turned off (black screen) with light in power button. After I started my PC, monitor stayed black. Tried using HDMI instead of DP, nothing changed. I powered off monitor for 5 minutes then plug it back in and it was still black without any button working. I plugged my old monitor that works back in. I found log file in log folder hope it helps in debugging problem.

Log file: https://pastebin.com/qFkEWMgJ

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

All you can at this point is get an exchange. Be sure to tell them that the firmware M2T103 broke the monitor.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Technical Support (Desktops, Monitors, Laptops)
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Problem solved with your message in post =

* If using a daisy chain setup, disconnect the second monitor. Only have a single U2518D connected to the computer which is installing the firmware update
* Connect the U2518D to the computer via the USB upstream cable and one video cable so that you can still see the Windows desktop
* Disconnect all USB peripherals (mouse, keyboard, HDD) from the U2518D side and bottom USB downstream ports
* Those USB peripherals (mouse, keyboard) should be plugged directly into the computer
* Disable any antivirus software
* Reset the U2518D to Factory Default settings in the OSD (On Screen Display) -Others
* Download/save the U2518D firmware update to the Windows desktop
* Run it and it will ask "where to unzip"
* Click the yellow folder on the right
* Click Desktop
* Click OK
* You will see, "C:\Users\user\Desktop"
* Add \FW to the end of that line, "C:\Users\user\Desktop\FW"
* Click OK
* Open the FW folder on the Windows desktop
* Open the Firmware Update Instruction.pdf
* Review this PDF before running "MonitorFirmwareUpdateUtility.exe"

:BigSmile:

0 Kudos
cprstn54
6 Indium

Jump to solution

Hello.

Did this and get  cryptic abort message "Firmware file not detected. Open firmware file (*.dat) to proceed."

There is an M2T103 dat file in the same directory as the exe file, namely U2518D . . . 41E8.dat (long name).

I then tried putting all files in the root directory of a thumb drive. No joy.

Any suggestions?

Ken C

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thank you for your message. Please try updating the firmware again.

Turn of the monitor, disconnect all the cables from the monitor. Press & hold down the power button for 30 seconds. Connect the power cord & USB upstream cable.

Download the firmware again & run the update utility file in elevated mode.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.      

How to locate the service tag

Dell-SreejithRamesh
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
cprstn54
6 Indium

Jump to solution

Same fail.

Seems to me the update utility is looking for a DAT file name different from what is in the download, or looking in the wrong folder.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thank you for the tag details. Are you saving & installing the file from your desktop screen (on your PC) or installing it from a thumb drive? If installing from a thumb drive, please try installing directly from the PC.

When you decompress the folder, the last file is the .dat file you are looking for.

What is the system model used here? Is there a specific reason you are updating the file or is just because there is an update available?

Please check the current version of the monitor firmware. From the OSD menu chose - others-  to check the firmware version.

Dell-SreejithRamesh
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
Peterkkk366
1 Copper

Jump to solution
Hello SreejithR, I have the same issue with my U2518D. The update software stuck down at the verifying stage. I waited for more an hour. And during the period all OSD buttons no response. Then I have to unplug the power cable. When I replug in the power cable, the monitor stay in black and the power button no any response. Is there any resolution that I can fix it?
0 Kudos