Start a Conversation

Unsolved

P

1 Message

July 3rd, 2019 04:00

U2518D, firmware M2T103, stuck, #4

I have the same issue with my U2518D. The update software stuck down at the verifying stage. I waited for more an hour. And during the period all OSD buttons no response. Then I have to unplug the power cable. When I replug in the power cable, the monitor stay in black and the power button no any response. Is there any resolution that I can fix it?

Did you read through the instructions here and see this reply?
DELL-Admin

1 Message

July 8th, 2019 00:00

I faced exactly the same issue. Tried to update firmware to M2T103. The process stucked at verifing stage.

OS Win 10. I was using user (not admin) account but provided admin password when prompted.

This is how I solved the issue.

I noticed that despite monitor was turned off usb hub was still working. I connected my old display and connected  U2518D only with power and usb cables. Then I logged on as admin and started the update utility. It showed: "No monitor detected" (or something like that) but Update button was active. I started the update process. This time it finished successfully. I repluged U2518D after update and now it is working fine.

So in order to restore your monitor you need another display for the time of update. Do not forget to login as admin.

No Events found!