Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

5 Posts

October 7th, 2020 06:00

U2520D, MDS19, AE515M Soundbar compatibility

Due to a product being discontinued, Dell sent me two of these U2520D. However, as far as I can tell, none of the new breed of monitors have the Soundbar clips at the bottom of the bezel so you can't attach the Soundbar in the old way. The only way to attach this Soundbar is to the monitor stand that comes with the monitor. But this is much narrower than the MDS19 dual monitor stand. So doesn't seem I can attach it anywhere.

Have I got this right? Since this seems to be a problem with all new monitors and MDS19, has anyone come up with a way to attach a Soundbar to either the monitor or to the MDS19?

I'm shocked the Dell designers seem to have got rid of the tried and trusted monitor attachment option and didn't think of people with the MDS19 which is still on sale. 

Currently I think my only option is have the Soundbar floating around on the desk.

Any advice appreciated.

Mike

1 Message

February 1st, 2021 02:00

I had this same issue when I tried to attach the AE5151M soundbar to the MDS19 dual monitor stand.

Once i figured out that Dell would not have a solution to this issue in the short term I did the following:

- Disassembled the AE515M clamping mechanism (5x small screws underneath the protecting rubber pads)
- took the clamps and backplate off and only put the first rubber protector back on the holder
- tied the holder against the foot of the MDS19 with a large black tie wrap (a sticker pad is preventing the whole assembly from sliding down the foot. This is not a must and does not look nice but its not an issue for my stand which sits against the wall and you cannot see the sicker pad)
- Attached the AE515M to the bracket, done

MDS19 with AE515M attachedMDS19 with AE515M attachedTiewrap securing the AE515M holderTiewrap securing the AE515M holderSticker preventing it to slip (for extra security)Sticker preventing it to slip (for extra security)

1 Message

May 17th, 2021 11:00

Ridiculous that you would have to to through all this just to attach a common Dell product to another common Dell product. This is the 3rd separate post I've seen on this exact issue, but crickets from Dell. I also had to request a new Dell sale rep before I would even place the order for soundbars because my rep just acted annoyed whenever I wanted to place an order. So maybe it's just a trend that Dell doesn't really care much about their customers.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 17th, 2021 12:00

I replied to this same MDS19 and AE515M Soundbar incompatibility here on March 8, 2019.

5 Posts

October 20th, 2021 06:00

If anybody has found a soundbar that fits the MDS19 stand I would like to hear of it. Its not the only problem with this stand. If you fit the mounting bracket for the WD19 dock one monitor ends up half an inch higher than the other. Another use for tie raps!

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 6th, 2022 06:00

No Events found!