wattuxman
1 Copper

RE: U2711 OSD Locked Out

Jump to solution

Holding the menu button for 15 seconds WILL work - but there is a caveat!

In order for this to work, you must have a cable connected to the selected source with video input. For example, on my monitor, the selected source was VGA and I could not switch it to DVI. So I connected my U2711 to the VGA port on my laptop, switched the laptop on, and then held the menu button on the monitor for 15 seconds. Bam. Unlocked right away. I had tried unlocking all night without any luck. Only when I plugged in a VGA cable to the monitor with input was I able to unlock it.

It took me so long to figure this out that I took the time to create an account with Dell to share my findings. Best of luck unlocking your monitors!

stevelion
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have a U2711B and the lock button started appearing for some unknown reason.  For me, holding 4+5 did not work, but then I just tried holding button 5 (the bottom button) for about 15 seconds and the display unlocked.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Stryker53
1 Copper

Re: U2711 OSD Locked Out

Jump to solution

Karmadillo

Just had one of these come in to our shop today. After trying all of the other suggestions, this one worked.

I had this problem with a Dell U2711 screen.

None of the above techniques worked. But then I stumbled upon a solution.

Solution

1. Turn on a computer that is plugged into the currently selected screen input port (might require trial and error to work out which one).
  2. Press and hold lowest capacitive button for 15+ seconds.
  3. Screen stays on for the 15+ seconds required to unlock. Win.
0 Kudos