goraslan
1 Copper

U2711, Power on time, working time

Hi all

Recently bought a second hand Dell U2711. I wanted to clean it first so when I started cleaning the panel I pushed the buttons I some combination that of course I don't know and a black screen came up saying something about how long the screen was ON WORKING and things like that. I just wanted to know the order of button you need to press so that you can see check that again. I am thinking to buy a new Dell monitor and when I will sell this one I want to show that to the new potential buyer that the screen yes it  is old but it was not working for a very long time. I found some combinations on the Google search for other dell screens but it did not work form me. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help with this.

0 Kudos
6 Replies

RE: Dell U2711 panel POWER ON TIME - WORKING TIME in H check

What you are referring to is the Dell Factory Service Menu which is only used by our Dell service technicians at our Service Centers. An end user should not be in the Factory Menu. You could enable or disable something in there and break the monitor.

0 Kudos
goraslan
1 Copper

RE: U2711, Power on time, working time

Hi Chris

Thanks for taking the time to answere to my issue. Actually i know what you are referring to and my question is not intended to change things in the menu i just want to know how long my monitor was turned on working. If you know how and you dont want to tell me because you are protecting me from braking my screen thats nice from your side nevertheless i still need to know to check what i need so if you can be kind and tell me that will be nice if not than hope someone else will help in the meantime. By the way my warranty is ended so i want claim any warranty if i brake it as you say i might. Thanks again

0 Kudos

Dell policy prevents me from listing the steps to enter the Factory Service Menu. But other users have posted on non-Dell sites on how to do this.

0 Kudos
goraslan
1 Copper

Hi Chris.

I perfectly understand you. Just one last question. When the blue box opens up so called Factory Service Menu as you said the last line from bottom is saying A number with an H next to it and than B number with an M next to it. I assume this are the Hours and Minutes.

My question is this is the time that the screen was ON working or in general time that it was connected to power source?

thanks

0 Kudos

I think that is active on.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
tigerwolf7
5 Iridium

I had the same thing happen to my Dell monitor this morning when I was cleaning it.

In my case, it displayed a transparent overlay over the top that seemed to show back light power on hours (over 6500!) minutes, and something else too.

I was hoping to figure out how to trigger it too, not for any particularly important reason, but just because it's kind of neat. 

These monitors are really reliable!

I'm at the point again I wouldn't mind a larger monitor, and something IPS or PVA/MVA, but my current monitor handles analog audio in and out, which is SUPER useful for me, and not something most monitors have, so I'm not sure when or if I can upgrade.

0 Kudos