Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

W

January 22nd, 2018 15:00

U2711, power button broken

I have a Dell Model U2711b 27 inch monitor. The power button fell off the first month so we "taped" it back on. Now it fell off again and we cannot find it. Dell said they cannot help and I should buy a new monitor. This one works great and my Art Director loves it. I'm so disappointed with Dell. All of our company computers are Dell products. I will be rethinking that moving forward knowing they do not help with service beyond the sale! With so many power button issues from Dell if feels like they make the buttons substandard in hopes we will just buy new ones :(

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 23rd, 2018 06:00

Started your own thread. If you had contacted us while inside the purchased 3 year warranty, we would have exchanged the U2711. We do not have monitor internal components like the power button. We simply replace the whole monitor while under the purchased warranty period. You might find someone on eBay selling monitor components like the button. Then, take the monitor to a local shop and see if they can disassemble it and replace the button.

January 23rd, 2018 14:00

Thank you for the reply. Yes, after being bounced around and put on hold for an hour yesterday I was told that someone other than Dell might be able to assist. Doesn't really address the issue that Dell's answer is to buy a new one after a TWO year warranty in my case. Not having 10 cent parts on hand to service after the sale is clearly for the benefit of the company and not the customer. Just disappointing to find this out after spending so much money with you guys over the years.

I do appreciate you response however. A "cut and paste" response found here often with customers having similar issues, but appreciated non-the-less :)

January 23rd, 2018 14:00

One last note. This was an external small black plastic power button, not an internal piece as you mentioned.

2 Posts

March 13th, 2019 17:00

Same problem.  A simple tap on the corner of the monitor broke off the key cap.  It is a cheap piece of plastic that just snaps in place.  As a designer I consider it a design flaw.  Nothing that fragile should be mounted right on the front exposed corner.

How hard would it be for Dell US to realize this is a problem and stock some spare key caps? 

Image in waste, replacing the entire monitor because a 5 cent cap breaks off.

No Events found!