Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 25th, 2015 12:00

U2711P strange coloration on screen, warranty?

So i have had this awesome monitor for a couple of years now, and apparently i am still within the warranty period (checked with the number on the warranty checking thingy).. In the last few months i have noticed a strange purple-ish shadow creeping up on my display, and it has finally grown to a stage that it really is annoying and distracting, especially when there is not much going on on the screen (like a smooth gradient or just a simple gray background).. A picture below will illustrate this quite true to life.

Whats up with this? The monitor has been sitting on the same desk for the whole life of it and has only been cleaned with microfiber cloth, no water or soaps of any kind, so i find it very unlikely that i would have managed to damage it in any feasible way.

Does this look like something that would be covered within the warranty?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 25th, 2015 15:00

Follow the instructions in the sticky, "Read this first before posting", to reset the monitor to factory defaults, then run the BID (Built-in Diagnostic). The BID removes the computer from the troubleshooting equation. Post pictures of the colored screens while running the BID.

2 Posts

August 25th, 2015 16:00

Followed the instructions in the manual to get to the built-in diagnostics, but holding down buttons 1 and 4 as was advised in the manual just wont do anything in self test mode. All the capacitive buttons work otherwise just fine. I can notice the defect in the lcd conditioning mode though, which is all monitor, no input, not that this kind of image defect coming from the input device would make any kind of sense anyway.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 26th, 2015 07:00

Get it exchanged.

No Events found!