Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 7th, 2014 13:00

U2713H, Excessive Overdrive Colored Ghosting/Flickering?

Hey, I ordered my U2713H IPS monitor on 09/30/2014 and received it last Saturday. From day one I have been experiencing extreme ghosting / flickering on it. I wouldn't find it so annoying if the ghosting was monochromatic, which it is ONLY with B/W shapes, but if a slightly colored gray pixel appears on screen right after being white, it FLICKERS to an OVERLY SATURATED version. Even though I think this might due to Dell using WAY to much overdrive ( OSD offers no way of removing it! ) I'm worried this might be a bit too much and a sign of a defective product. I uploaded a simulation, as well as a real recording, of the issue on Youtube.

Specs:

U2713H REV A07, Aug 2014
S/N: CN-0C6F0K-74261-48D-0H2L
Input: Mini DisplayPort
Card: EVGA nVidia GeForce GTX 760

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

October 9th, 2014 08:00

Do you have the DDM (Dell Displays Manager) installed?

3 Posts

October 9th, 2014 09:00

Yes, it's installed and as well as the monitor drivers. And I have reset the monitor to factory settings.

With this overdrive ghosting, the screen is only suitable for displaying static images. I work on VFX and color grading film/video so I needed a monitor capable of displaying the full range of colors but also fast enough to minimize ghosting since I work with motion too, and these ghosts can be quite distracting!

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

October 9th, 2014 10:00

Try this to see if the issue can be diminished.
* Open the DDM (Dell Displays Manager)
* Click the tab Auto Mode
* For every application listed, change them to Standard
* Press the Menu button to open the monitor OSD (On Screen Display)
* Open Display Settings
* Highlight Smart Video Enhance
* Change it to Off
* Open Color Settings
Input Color Format = RGB
Gamma = PC
* Open Preset Modes and test each one, Standard, Multimedia, Movie, Game, Paper
* Exit the OSD

3 Posts

October 9th, 2014 10:00

I tried all presets, and the fringes change color but they're still there, and with the same intensity.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

October 9th, 2014 12:00

I am afraid that this model is not for you. I do know that there is no way to turn the overdrive off. We even looked in the Factory Menu for it, but it was not there. I would contact Dell Customer Service and return the monitor. You may do this inside the first 30 days from the invoice date. After that 30 days, you may only get exchanges.

No Events found!