michaelra
1 Copper

U2713H with PS3 is a no go?

Jump to solution

Hi,

I just got the U2713H as a replacement for the old U2711. I was trying to hook up my PS3 (Playstation 3) to the U2713H via HDMI but I got a blank screen saying "Entering power saving mode" when I set HDMI as the input source. The DVI cable is hooked up at the same time to my PC.

If I take the DVI cable from my PC out (or if I turn the PS3 off), the screen says as if I haven't plugged any HDMI cable.

I'm sure the HDMI cable is working fine, because it's the same cable I used to plug to the old U2711. If I use the HDMI cable to connect to my PC (instead of using a DVI cable), it's working too

Only if I want to hook up my PS3 with the HDMI cable that the monitor is playing around. Is it a faulty? Monitor is new (Refurbished, I think), REV06
I've already tried to reset it to default factory settings

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

RE: U2713H with PS3 is a no go?

Jump to solution

The U2713H HDMI version is 1.4, 2560x1440 60Hz.
The U2711 HDMI version is 1.3, 1920x1080 60Hz.

Dell HDMI cable part T516N

Or look locally for this: Nitho Gaming HDMI Cable 1.4b

One user posted this. I am assuming these are PS3 instructions:
* Go to Settings- Display Settings
* Scroll down until you see the RGB Full Range (HDMI) and switch it to Full, otherwise the colors will be washed out. This applies to all displays
* Go to Settings- Video Settings
* Scroll down and select 1080p 24hz Output (HDMI) and select Off since the Dell U2713H does not support judder free 24hz Blu-Ray play back but can play movies smoothly when set to 60hz

0 Kudos
michaelra
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Trying with a "High Speed" HDMI cable works!! (grabbed one today from my boss in the office) Lots of people in the forum tried changing HDMI cables but still the same problems, so I thought it wasn't the cable!

Thanks for the support, Chris! For those who have the same problem, try using a High Speed (1.4?) HDMI cable and see how it goes

0 Kudos
6 Replies

Jump to solution

You need to simplify the setup for troubleshooting.

* Turn off the monitor and PS3
* Disconnect ALL cabling from the monitor
* Reconnect only the monitor power cord
* Connect the HDMI cable from the PS3 to the monitor HDMI
* Turn on the monitor, press the Menu button, open Input Source, choose HDMI
* Turn the PS3 on

0 Kudos
michaelra
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thanks, Chris. I've tried that and still not working. It will say there is no HDMI cable. Does it matter what type of HDMI cable I have? (Expensive vs cheap one, etc?). I used the same cable to hook my PS3 up on the old U2711 with no problem though

Have also tried a few other recommendations to set the resolution lower to 720p on another TV, and to reset the PS3 video input by holding+pressing the power button

Let me know if there are other things that I can try on? Cheers!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

The U2713H HDMI version is 1.4, 2560x1440 60Hz.
The U2711 HDMI version is 1.3, 1920x1080 60Hz.

Dell HDMI cable part T516N

Or look locally for this: Nitho Gaming HDMI Cable 1.4b

One user posted this. I am assuming these are PS3 instructions:
* Go to Settings- Display Settings
* Scroll down until you see the RGB Full Range (HDMI) and switch it to Full, otherwise the colors will be washed out. This applies to all displays
* Go to Settings- Video Settings
* Scroll down and select 1080p 24hz Output (HDMI) and select Off since the Dell U2713H does not support judder free 24hz Blu-Ray play back but can play movies smoothly when set to 60hz

0 Kudos
michaelra
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Trying with a "High Speed" HDMI cable works!! (grabbed one today from my boss in the office) Lots of people in the forum tried changing HDMI cables but still the same problems, so I thought it wasn't the cable!

Thanks for the support, Chris! For those who have the same problem, try using a High Speed (1.4?) HDMI cable and see how it goes

0 Kudos

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Highlighted
michaelra
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Not sure about the manufacturer/model of the HDMI, but he bought it from this online store in Australia: http://www.ezyhd-cables.com.au/hdmi-cable.html

I guess as long as it's a "High Speed" HDMI cable perhaps?

Specifications of the cable (from the page):

• Transfer Rate: to 10.2Gbps
  • Signal Type: Transition Minimized Differential / Signaling (TMDS)
  • Connector Type: Gold Plated
  • Conductor and the shields (braid and drain) are copper.
  • Cable Thickness 24awg or 26awg
  • ARC & Ethernet Capable
  • Cable Connections: HDMI Type A Male to HDMI Type A Male
  • Output up to 1080P
  • Suitable for 2D/3D transmission.

0 Kudos