Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 19th, 2014 06:00

U2713HM, Annoying ghosting

As above - my monitor is showing nasty ghost trails - not fun for gaming. They are especially prominent when displaying greys. Most other colors are fine, but anything slightly dark tends to have a poor refresh rate. Is this normal? As an example, a yellow object passing over a grey background produces a blueish trail. Current setup:
R9 280x connected via DVI-D @ 1440p
Dell U2713HM
Windows 7

Have tried HDMI to the same effect. Unit is only about 2 weeks old.

February 19th, 2014 08:00

Visible everywhere - not as noticeable on the desktop, but games like Battlefield 4 that have rich colors make it fairly easy to see. Again, mostly happens on whites and greys, which encompasses a lot of gaming imagery.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

Does this happen on the windows desktop? Or just during games?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

* Press the Menu button to open the OSD (On Screen Display)
* Go to Other Settings
* Factory Reset- Reset All Settings
* Go back to Display Settings
* Highlight Smart Video Enhance
* Change it to Off
* Exit the OSD
* If installed, open the DDM (Dell Displays Manager)
* Click the tab Auto Mode
* For every application listed, change them to Standard

Retest. If you can, post a youtube video of the issue.

Hi there,

I don't have that Smart Video Enhance option. Did a factory reset and the other things though - same issue. Do I need to do a firmware update or something?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

A02 is the latest version. It should be on the label on the rear. You are using the Dell supplied DVI-D DL cable? Post pictures or video of the issue.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

February 19th, 2014 09:00

Turn the monitor off. Disconnect the DVI-D cable from the back of the monitor. Turn the monitor on. Do you see the floating "No DVI Cable" message? If yes, does it have any ghosting? If not, the monitor itself is fine. The fault lies with the video card, video card driver, or the cabling in normal mode.

February 19th, 2014 09:00

Just bought it recently, but it says A00 - using the Dell cable too.

Image:

For a monitor of this price I wasn't expecting this level of ghosting!

February 24th, 2014 01:00

I have tried it on another monitor without the ghosting issue - is it normal for that blue ghosting to happen with certain colours? Perhaps the monitor just has a poor response time on spec? It's not end of the world terrible, but for the price I paid...

No Events found!