Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 7th, 2013 06:00

U2713HM Dead-on-arrival with whole screen Pink Tint

This is not the 1st time I bought from Dell but this is a 1st time that I bought not directly from Dell since ALL sales task have been hand over to 3rd party Dell agents. So I bought a Dell U2713HM with 5 years warranty from the Dell dealer/agent below Friday 3rd May 2013. I received the carton box yesterday 6th May 2013. Upon unboxing, I noticed there are several items missing:
1. No manuals, no CDs
2. No protective film in front of the screen.
3. No invoice.
4. No dual-link DVI cable. There's a single-link DVI cable but this shouldn't come with this monitor as it can't run 2560x1440 resolution that this monitor can.

So I go online immediately to check & verify the warranty status but it shows invalid? This is not the worse part as this morning I went out to buy a brand new Dual-Link DVI cable to test out the monitor & to my horror it turns out whole screen tinted pink:

Image 1

Image 2

So I went out again to buy another different brand of dual-link DVI cable just to make sure it isn't cable problem but it turns out the same. I have also tested this monitor on another desktop computer & it is the same. Even after I re-format the desktop computer & install latest driver thinking it was the display driver issue the issue still the same. I really hope you guys can contact me IMMEDIATELY to resolve this issue as your agent is neither answering calls or emails. AND I do believe I am ENTITLED to a brand new fully working U2713HM monitor not a recon or repaired unit.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 7th, 2013 07:00

miokawaii,

Before we can replace the U2713HM, you must transfer the ownership of the U2713HM service tag from the seller into your name using this form. Once this has been completed, contact Dell Malaysia Technical Support via Email or Telephone. They will need the following information -
Email Address:
Name:
Shipping Address:
Phone number:
Monitor (27" or 30") Service Tag Number:
Reason: U2713HM Dead-on-arrival with whole screen Pink Tint
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/MioLai/AllView/Picture001Large.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/MioLai/AllView/Picture002Large.jpg

2 Posts

June 19th, 2013 05:00

Today finally (after more than 1 month) received a replacement for the defective monitor from the Dell reseller. However I still believe I DO NOT get a BRAND NEW unit :-

1. The box was unsealed. (same as the previous unit)

2. No protective film in front of the screen. (same as the previous unit)

3. No CD and printed manual. (same as the previous unit)

4. Come with a USED DVI-D Single Link cable. (worst than previous unit)

5. Come with a USED HDMI cable. (worst than previous unit)

This time the whole display is tinted BLUE instead of PINK. The Dell reseller insisted that the default DVI-D cable that come with this monitor (2560x1440) is SINGLE LINK not Dual Link. Can anybody please confirm on this?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

June 19th, 2013 13:00

When purchased directly from Dell, we provide a DVI-D DL cable. That reseller is selling you used stuff.

No Events found!