Its not that big of a an issue its pain especially if im switching between firefox and chrome is there a way to fix this? Happens with when changing to game mode, however it seems to only be auto mode. i also need a new driver cd mine is a bit scuffed up. Just two more, likely unrelated things i found when trying to fix it, first it seems to be set to 59 hertz and will not stay on 60, and there is a black bar at the top , left and right edges of the screen and a tiny one on the bottom.
OK so the green line has stopped seems to be on all. i still have the black bars and thats about it.
EDIT it is running at 2560x1440p and i have a NVIDIA graphics card
* Right mouse click the windows desktop
* Left mouse click NVIDIA Control Panel
* Under Display, click Adjust desktop size and position
* Test both of these to see if the black bars go away
Use NVIDIA scaling = stretches to fully fit screen
Use my display's built-in scaling = relies on your monitor, which probably stretches to full screen
* Click Apply and or OK
I do not think the monitor is at fault. Reinstall the latest Nvidia video card driver.
* Download the latest video card driver directly from Nvidia and save it to the Windows desktop so you can find it
* Right-click over the file saved to your desktop and select Run as administrator
* Click OK
* Click AGREE AND CONTINUE
* Under Install options, choose Custom (Advanced)
* Click NEXT
* Insert a check to Perform clean install
* Click NEXT
* Click RESTART NOW
Is the computer you are using with this monitor a laptop or a desktop? If you do not see the black bars when running the monitor BIST (Built-In Self Test), then the monitor is fine. The culprit is your computer.
* The monitor is on
* Disconnect all cables from the monitor except the power cable
* The monitor goes into its self-test mode
* Press and hold buttons 1 and 4 for two seconds. A grey screen appears
* Press button 4 again. A red screen appears
* Press button 4 again. A green screen appears
* Press button 4 again. A blue screen appears
* Press button 4 again. A black screen appears
* Press button 4 again. A white screen appears
* To exit, press button 4