ditaker
1 Copper

U2713HM, screen stripes

Hello. My monitor is broken for second time with the same problem( I was send it to DELL last year and it was repaired but now he broken again). When I turn it on, there are only stripes like in the picture.

I connected it to PC, unconnected, connected without cable and with cable. Nothing. All the time is the same stripes. Monitor never moved anywhere and stay in one and the same place all the time. So what to do now?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

RE: U2713HM, screen stripes

Hi ditaker,

Thanks for posting.

Please be sure you are using the correct cable.  You should be using the Dual Link DVI Cable P/N X056C

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
KeinName
1 Copper

Hallo

I have exactly the same problem with my U2713HM: colored stripes. I use the cable delivered together with the monitor, and this worked fine for three and a half year. The stripes are always there, even without any cable. Thus, to my opinion, it is not a matter of correct or incorrect cable. Did you find a solution to this problem? Thank you for every suggestion.

José

0 Kudos
jakaeima
1 Copper

I had the same issue around the same time as you folks. I have been trying to replace parts such as the controller and the other PCB  on the LCD panel.  After replacing both parts, I still have the stripes. This seems like the LCD panel is defective and it is not a coincidence that there are many people having the same issue with these defective panels.

0 Kudos

jakaeima,

Your assertion that the Wistron AH-IPS (LM270QW1-SLB2 or LM270QW1-SLC1) LCD panel was systemically flawed is incorrect. We sold several thousand of these. Based on total sold, very few were actually exchanged over this specific issue. Considering that your U2713HM is at least 5 years old, it is no surprise that some internal component is failing. Dell has never repaired monitors, sold monitor components, or have monitor disassembly documentation. Our policy has always been to exchange them while inside the purchased three year warranty period.

0 Kudos