Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 22nd, 2014 03:00

U2713HM yellow tint / yellowish

Hi there..

Recently bought myself a U2713HM monitor and got a U2713HMt REV00, production date dec. 2013.

My biggest problem and concern is that it has a bit of a yellow tint on it. Even compared to my Macbook Pro screen, wich is a TN panel and also a little bit 'warmer' my Dell U2713HM looks pretty yellow.

Is this normal? Or should I send it back to the store I bought it from?

Here's my factory calibration report (clickable):

I see it's calibrated to 6000 kelvin, but that's just way to warm.. I don't know if this is normal, or has anything to do with my 'problem'. Playing with the RGB values in the OSD can fix it a bit (R on 90 and G on 89) but seen that monitors screen quality drop over time, and so the RGB values have to be adjusted about every year, I don't want to have to change the RGB values already with such significant amout.

So can anybody tell if this is something to send it back for, or if this is just normal.. Thanks!

3 Posts

February 24th, 2014 15:00

nobody?

3 Posts

February 26th, 2014 07:00

Well, I just returned 5 monitors. They were all beneath expectation. All way to yellow and dead pixels.

Just bought myself an iiyama xb2779qs. Way and way better. Never Dell for me anymore. As IT senior in our company I also won't buy new workstations from Dell. Shame on you.

1 Message

November 8th, 2014 09:00

Hello,

I fixed this problem in monitor's menu > color settings > gamma and select Mac (default is PC).

January 8th, 2015 21:00

But it made the details of graphic blurry.

No Events found!