Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 11th, 2013 18:00

U2713h same problem like on U2413 :-(

Hi Guys from Dell.

What are you doing with these new panels? I now reading review of U2713 on prad.de and there is same problem too strong overdrive without option to be disabled by user:

http://www.prad.de/en/monitore/review/2013/review-dell-u2713h-part14.html  

Please, Can you fix it in new revision or firmware update? This are not gamers monitors, there is no reason for overdriving them (and gamers not accepting inverse ghosting too). Maybe GAME MODE can be little overdriven.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

March 14th, 2013 17:00

nokey,

All of the Uxx13 will have the same design. No, this design is not going to change. No, there will not be firmware to change this design.

10 Posts

March 15th, 2013 14:00

Hi Chris,

Thanks for reply. It sounds like a this overdrive is .  Or there is any other reason for not to change it in next revision(firmware)? Sorry but this is ridiculous how Dell crippled Uxx13 monitors based on new LG.Display panels with wide gamut LED backlighting.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 18th, 2013 08:00

poor Dell...many many money backs

10 Posts

March 20th, 2013 15:00

I now waiting what show ASUS with their upcoming PA249Q (based on same LG. Display LCD panel with GB-LED backlighting). If I know correctly, ASUS uses overdrive (marketing called Trace-Free) with selectable levels (0 to 100%). They know that not everyone likes overdrive (which causes inverse ghosting)... So if Dell fix nothing, this is maybe the right choice!... And ASUS pixel faults policy is same like Dell! 

Dell...your time is running out :emotion-11: But I still hope for fix it (do same thing - add option overdrive ON/OFF)!

U2413/2713h may be the one of the best displays for this year. But the bad overdrive it kills them and that is sad. :emotion-9: A lot of people will be unhappy like me.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

March 21st, 2013 00:00

I now waiting what show ASUS with their upcoming PA249Q (based on same LG. Display LCD panel with GB-LED backlighting). If I know correctly, ASUS uses overdrive (marketing called Trace-Free) with selectable levels (0 to 100%). They know that not everyone likes overdrive (which causes inverse ghosting)... So if Dell fix nothing, this is maybe the right choice!... And ASUS pixel faults policy is same like Dell! 

I was going to buy 2 for my new build, but with these problems ... looks like u2413 it's off my short list.

Like anything else? Maybe a HP, NEC, Samsung ... something like that? ... IPS, 24", 16:10, good RTC and build quality around $600 each?

10 Posts

March 21st, 2013 12:00

Like anything else? Maybe a HP, NEC, Samsung ... something like that? ... IPS, 24", 16:10, good RTC and build quality around $600 each?
I deal with the same problem. :emotion-2:

I need: 24" IPS (1920x1200), light AG-coating (its look amazing!), no visible overshoots,  and wide color gamut.  

U2413 meets all my requirements, but totally fails for me in responsiveness (strong RTC)... but RTC is just software (firmware) problem, so there is little chance to be patched. 

29 Posts

March 29th, 2013 08:00

It was too late to cancel my order for the U2413, but this overdrive nonsense is like a step backwards in technology. My order arrives this Monday, and it will be promptly returned the next day. I've seen this issue on the S2740L, and if it's the same here, I'm switching brands, probably to the HP line. Maybe when the company is taken private again, Dell Exec's will start actually listening to it's remaining customers. Given a clue, we are telling you as paying customers what the problems are. We don't need another website to give "ideas" -- You had great monitors in the past like the 2005FPW, and now you have this model which is clearly suffering from a particular setting that should have the ability to be turned off by the user. This is like not having the option to adjust brightness/contrast. This is not like software, where you can provide a beta product and make the updates to make it production quality over the course of a few months that's cost effective and easy to manage by users. This is hardware, and should be perfect out-the-door. Any reasonable individual testing these monitors would have caught the issues with the U2410 within a few hours and corrected the line. The same here with the U2413. LG recently made the change with their Nexus 4 phone after complaints about it. Why can't you. This is so terribly obvious that I wonder what in the world is going on with Dell.

10 Posts

March 29th, 2013 14:00

@Tesla1856 : don't forget to U3014 - same crappy overdrive: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u3014.htm

Maybe for their incapable engineers/programmers  is very hard make option like this: 

http://www.abload.de/img/dscn1318ssc5n.jpg

- For example Samsung uses this option on each monitor with overdrive! Overdrive is good only for "benchmarking" responsiveness times... For human eyes is better classic pixel transitions (typical blur).

- Dell is exact opposite, all overdriven monitors have no option to disable this sh*t. Really incomprehensible! :emotion-45:

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

U2413 ... My order arrives this Monday

I would be interested to hear what it's Revision level is marked.

Do you plan to test RTC ?

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

While actually u2713h reviews, good pics and descriptions of the overdrive problem. It's widely know (and even communicated by Dell reps) that the u2413 and u2713h share many core technology systems and similar panel.

pcmonitors.info/.../dell-u2713h

www.prad.de/.../review-dell-u2713h-part14.html

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

Anyone finding this thread ...

Another u2413 (about poor reviews and performance) thread is here:

en.community.dell.com/.../20334776.aspx

29 Posts

March 30th, 2013 19:00

Maybe for their incapable engineers/programmers  is very hard make option like this

Hahahaha :)

In all seriousness, why though? If customers are complaining about this, why can't Dell include this as an option? I only hear they won't. But not why they wont. No one wants the brightness at 100% or the contrast at 100% -- these are user options to adjust according to user needs, so why can't this be an option to adjust as well? How many returns / lost sales will it take to make it an option?

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

April 1st, 2013 17:00

No, there will not be firmware to change this design.

Chris,

I have a related question.

Is the firmware on the Uxx13 monitors user (field) upgradable (like a BIOS on a computer). I'm thinking maybe with a USB flash drive or similar.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 19th, 2013 10:00

I am prepared to take soldering iron in my hand and fix problems like this one :)

No Events found!