Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 30th, 2016 22:00

U2715H, bright pixel policy?

I have a brand new (now already six days old) UltraSharp U2715h that has a one bright pixel almost in the middle of the screen.

First I tried contacting the local distributor (Croatia) that's listed on the warranty papers, and they directed me to call the Dell 0800 806 347 number. After the call, and a few emails going back and forth with me taking pictures of the screen, and the agreement that it is in fact a bright pixel (white), I received an email stating that there's nothing they can do and "per company standards pixels 5 and above qualify for replacement".And after that my questions get ignored, including the direct question why does it state for UltraSharp monitors that one or more bright prixel qualifies for replacement.

So my question is this, with the information I came upon here:

http://www.dell.com/support/article/hr/en/hrbsdt1/SLN130145#PremiumPanelGuarantee

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/t/19679196

Should a UltraSharp monitor with a single bright pixel qualify for replacement, and how to make this happen if the local Dell distributor and the Dell 0800 number say otherwise?

Thank you

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

December 1st, 2016 10:00

The Dell representative is incorrect. A U2715H with one Bright pixel defect that appears on a black windows desktop warrants a replacement. Read this. You will need to pursue the exchange through the person you were emailing. Send them the link to my sticky above.

The "Dell Premium Panel Guarantee" only applies to Bright pixel defects. Bright pixel defects only appear on a full black windows desktop background. The policy does not apply to Dark pixel defects which appear on non-black windows desktop background.

We do not validate our monitors in a dark room. We validate our monitors in rooms with a minimum of 150 lux which is standard office lighting.

* Change the windows desktop background to all black
* If you see a stuck pixel that is white, red, green, or blue, that means it is a Bright pixel defect
* How many Bright pixel defects warrant a monitor exchange?
Dell D series = 6 or more
Dell S series = 6 or more
Dell P series = 1 or more
Dell U, UP, UZ series = 1 or more
Alienware OptX series = 1 or more
All other models = 6 or more

* Change the windows desktop background to all white
* If you see a pixel that is black or colored, it is called a Dark (stuck/dead) pixel defect
* How many Dark pixel defects warrant a monitor exchange?
Dell D series = 9 or more
Dell S series = 6 or more
Dell P series = 6 or more
Dell U, UP, UZ series = 6 or more
Alienware OptX series = 6 or more
All other models = 9 or more

3 Posts

December 1st, 2016 11:00

Two times I replied to them with a direct question including those exact links, and both times the question was ignored and I've gotten that "5 and above" pixels answer.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

December 2nd, 2016 06:00

Then they are not following the Dell worldwide Bright pixel policy. I am in the USA. You will need to escalate through Support for your country to a manager.

3 Posts

December 2nd, 2016 07:00

Are there possibly any warranty limitations depending on country or region?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

December 2nd, 2016 07:00

Not in the case of a Dell Worldwide policy.

No Events found!