I have an U2715H and etched on the back of the case in big writing it says
"Design by 42".

Why is it there and what does it mean?

Thanks

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 24th, 2018 05:00

Dell did not do this engraving. Those were returned monitors from that 3rd party company that were checked at the service center and then resold by Dell, or returned to a 3rd party seller who resold them. The company design by 42 refuses to respond to our emails asking them to stop this engraving.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 23rd, 2018 09:00

This is the first time I have heard of this. Please post a picture.  For my notes, send me via Private Message the U2715H service tag number.

5 Posts

May 23rd, 2018 12:00

Design by 42 photo:

designby42.jpg

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 23rd, 2018 12:00

* When was this purchase made?
* Was this purchased directly from Dell?
* Send me via Private Message the monitor service tag number and the 20 digit S/N

5 Posts

May 24th, 2018 03:00

Purchased it a week or so ago, not from Dell.
Does that matter on these forums that I didn't buy it from Dell?

When I saw it first I thought it was some new Dell branding thing. But there was nothing about it on the box, nor in the manuals. I googled and can't find anything about it... kind of weird for a branding exercise to be secret.

This isn't part of Dell's branding at all is it?

I'm not at the monitor so I can't check it right now, but how would the service tag help with this? Other than saying it was made in mid 2017 and sold to the wholesaler/retailer?

Unusual question, how experienced are you with Dell monitor cases? Might Dell have started doing this in 2017 without your knowledge?

Do you have access to some kind of Dell company 'social media' or intranet where it might be possible to query this?

Thanks

Edit: Does Dell offer any kind of service for custom branding on cases like this? If I wanted to have a company logo or service mark etched on my monitor case can Dell do that?

5 Posts

May 24th, 2018 08:00

This is a bit lame, but how do I PM you?

Never mind... I figured it out.

5 Posts

May 25th, 2018 04:00

Just want to say thanks for your help with this. You've saved me from being defrauded. I really appreciate your help. Thank you.

No Events found!