Highlighted
Tavie
Copper

U2717D, D6000, no HDCP

Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

I am running a XPS 13-9350 with a D6000 dock and a U2717D. Playing Blu Ray movies with PowerDVD 15 or HD movies from iTunes doesn't work. A CyberLink analysis tool says my external monitor is not HDCP compliant. I connect the monitor with a DP 1.4 cable to the docking station. I tried to update all the possible drivers and still does not work. Any suggestions? Thank you very much.

Greetings

Tavie 

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: U2717D, D6000, no HDCP

Jump to solution

For my notes, click my username and via private message send me the monitor service tag number.

The D6000 does not support HDCP. See the User's Guide page 12 =

nohdcp.JPG

You need to purchase locally or online a TB3/USB Type-C to DP cable. Connect like this and retest playing Blu Ray movie =

XPS 13-9350 TB3/USB Type C out port --> TB3/USB Type-C to DP cable --> U2717D DP in port

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?
0 Kudos
Tavie
Copper

Jump to solution
Thank you very much Chris. So that means that I cannot use the D6000 dock for watchinh HD content on the external monitor and I have to go with the cable? Will there be HDCP support in the future for the D6000 dock? Greetings Tavie
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Correct, use the laptop directly to the monitor. I doubt it, but IF HDCP was ever added, it would show up on the D6000 driver page as a specific HDCP firmware update.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?
0 Kudos