monitorview
1 Nickel

RE: U2717D Scanning for signal when laptop screen in power save

Jump to solution

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your response. I have the A03 revision, production date March this year. I am hesitant to post my serial number online. If you really need it, is there perhaps another way of sending it to you? The thing is that I don't have the issue when using the HDMI-connection. If most people use HDMI instead of displayport, that might explain the limited number of complaints? And perhaps it only has this issue with notebooks? I have not connected the USB cable.

As to your other questions:

- From a reseller

- Lenovo Thinkpad T460

- Windows 10 x64

- Intel HD Graphics 520

- mDP, HDMI (as mentioned, HDMI does not have the issue)

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

The service tag is confidential. The 20 digit serial number is not confidential. Post the serial number. When connected via HDMI to HDMI cable, what is the resolution and Hz? When connected via the Dell mDP to DP cable, what is the resolution and Hz? Consider purchasing a mDP to mDP cable to test the U2717D mDP in port. You should also update the Intel HD Graphics 520 driver from here. Then retest.

0 Kudos
monitorview
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I think I have found a solution. I was going to try changing some settings on the display and in Windows this morning, but it seems the first try was already successful. I set the Monitor Sleep option in the display's OSD to "Never". I left the Windows power settings unchanged (let monitor go to sleep after one or two minutes), but the issue is gone. The monitor goes to sleep as it should and only turns on again when I e.g. move the mouse or press a key on the keyboard.

This does raise the question for me what that Monitor Sleep option in the display's OSD is for. What does that do? Can you explain?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

According to the U2717D User's Guide, the OSD- Display- Monitor Sleep has two options =
Sleep After Timeout: Monitor goes into sleep after timeout
Never: Monitor never goes to sleep

Choosing "Never" must remove the monitor from all PSM command allowing only the operating system to run it. I agree, that seems odd.

0 Kudos
monitorview
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Thanks. The default option is the first one you mention. But well, it seems to work now. :-)

0 Kudos
orev
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

OP here.  This is a great find.  I tried this setting out and it also had the desired effect.  Now when the laptop screen goes to sleep, so do both my monitors (connected via mDP daiy chain), and the monitors stay asleep until I wake up the laptop.

0 Kudos
monitorview
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Good to hear that it works for you too. Thanks for the update.

0 Kudos