Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

W

July 27th, 2017 10:00

U2717D, dual, enable MST via DDM command line?

I have two U2717D monitors connected to 2 different laptops at the same time.

1. HP Folio - each monitor is connected by mDP (two cables from computer, one to each monitor)

2. Surface Laptop - One cable to connected to monitor 1, and monitor 1 connected to monitor 2 via daisy chain. The daisy chain cable is DP. 

I am facing issues having the monitors switch between the two setups which I believe is due to the HP not supporting DP1.2.

Is it possible to turn MST on and off via the DDM.exe command line?

21 Posts

July 27th, 2017 15:00

1. The only way I seem to be able to get the two monitors to extend is to output two DP -> mDP cables from my laptop/docking station to the respective two monitors. My issue here is that the DDM tool only sees one monitor and I can't use the DDM command line tool to switch monitors to my second laptop.

2. My setup includes to laptops: HP Folio, Microsoft Surface Laptop. The surface laptop functions fine with a daisy chain as setup. The HP duplicates displays, and I cannot seem to extend the image over the two displays. Can you recommend me a solution to this problem?

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

July 27th, 2017 19:00

Unfortunately I am not sure if this is possible. Information on how to use command line is in the readme.txt file located at below location =
C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\Dell Display Manager\readme.txt

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

July 31st, 2017 16:00

I have checked into this and unfortunately this is not possible with DDM.

21 Posts

August 1st, 2017 12:00

Thanks for your quick response Brad.

I notice that my second monitor is not recognized by the DDM application at all in both of the following scenarios:

1. Dual monitor output from my HP laptop (I have two DP to mDP cables going from the laptop to the respective monitors). One cable is from the docking station and the other is from the side of the laptop.

2. The second monitor in my daisy chain setup with my Surface Laptop

Is this expected behavior?

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

August 8th, 2017 14:00

Hi there, sorry on the delay, I have been out of the office.

Did you still need help with this? I will be happy to see what I can find, but I was curious if you just have one port on the HP setup and then unplug it and try the other monitor on the 2nd port does the 2nd monitor show up (basically trying to determine if as long as one monitor is hooked up it shows up in DDM regardless of port and that both monitors are working individually with DDM). Obviously in the daisy chain this would be different setup etc, but just wanted to rule out if I was missing anything.

Best regards,

Brad 

21 Posts

August 9th, 2017 00:00

Hi Brad, the monitor connected to the docking station does not seem to be recognized regardless of one or two monitors plugged in.

234 Posts

August 11th, 2017 14:00

I'm guessing that is a problem with the docking station. If you plug the monitor directly into the Surface does it work? If it works when connected directly, but doesn't when connected to the dock, its the dock software. Is it a Microsoft Dock or some other part?

No Events found!