Start a Conversation

Unsolved

JM

3 Posts

June 24th, 2019 11:00

U2717D, flashing colors

I have a Dell U2717D that has been flashing colors between black, white, red, green, blue in sequence. I power cycled. Tried multiple connection methods over Display Port, Mini Display Port, and HDMI. Unplugged all cables and held down the power button for 10 seconds. Made sure none of the buttons were stuck down. It does not matter if the monitor is connected to a PC through any kind of display cable or not, it does this at all times, except it does appear to enter sleep mode still. None of the buttons are responding with the exception of power. It does not allow me to bring up any menus or exit. It does not manually cycle the colors if I hold the first button. None of the buttons appear to be stuck in anyway from what I can tell. Does anyone have any additional suggestions?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

June 24th, 2019 11:00

* Click the blue DELL-Cares username. Their profile page will appear. On the right click, "Send this user a private message". They will need the private monitor Service Tag and 20 digit serial number. Check the rear label
* From whom and when did you purchase this? If not purchased directly from Dell, you have to transfer it into your name using the online form

* Were you or someone else in the Factory Service Menu? It sounds like someone enabled Burn-In Mode. Are you saying that the Windows desktop never appears when connected to a PC and both are turned on?

June 24th, 2019 12:00

As far as I can tell, it was in the middle of a session with no buttons being pressed when this began. Burn-in mode was my initial thought, but it won't allow me to access the ODS to turn it off as none of the buttons are responding.

I am only troubleshooting, I do not own the device, but I will have the owner submit for warranty if there is no other way to fix it. I just wanted to see if there were any suggestions before we warranty it.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

June 25th, 2019 05:00

You can try this to see if you can enter the FSM and turn off Burn-In =

* Turn the monitor off
* From left to right, press both the first Preset Modes and Input Source buttons, while holding them, press the Power button. Then release all three buttons at the same time
* Then press the first Preset Modes button. If the FSM appears, scroll down to Burn-In Mode and set it Off
** Do not change anything else. Doing so could break the monitor and would void any remaining purchased warranty
* Then go to Exit

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

June 26th, 2019 08:00

We would need the private service tag number to verify the status of the warranty. See above for DELL-Cares private messaging.

June 26th, 2019 08:00

@DELL-Chris M wrote:

You can try this to see if you can enter the FSM and turn off Burn-In =

* Turn the monitor off
* From left to right, press both the first Preset Modes and Input Source buttons, while holding them, press the Power button. Then release all three buttons at the same time
* Then press the first Preset Modes button. If the FSM appears, scroll down to Burn-In Mode and set it Off
** Do not change anything else. Doing so could break the monitor and would void any remaining purchased warranty
* Then go to Exit

Unfortunately, this was unsuccessful. I tried three times and on this monitor, and I did verify it works on another monitor. 

Is it safe to say that this machine should be warrantied at this point?

No Events found!