Start a Conversation

Unsolved

I

3 Posts

July 15th, 2019 10:00

U2717D, will not go into PSM using dual inputs?

I just bought an UltraSharp U2717D monitor. I have a Windows 10 PC connected to the U2717D DP in port and a Dell Optiplex 7020 running FreeBSD/pfsense router on the U2717D mDP in port.

Primarily, it is the windows 10 PC that the display is being used. When the PC (on DP port) goes to sleep, the U2717D will not go into PSM (power save mode) unless I unplug the mDP cable.

If the DP port is the active port and the PC connected to it goes to sleep, it seems to me that the U2717D should go to PSM, but it does not. It just goes black, but you can tell it is still on. Also the power switch LED is solid.

If the U2717D mDP has nothing connected to it, then it works as expected.

July 17th, 2019 12:00

It seems to be working now, although I am not sure why.

The only thing I can think of is that I did have to reboot the router on the secondary input of the monitor.

July 25th, 2019 09:00

It still doesn't turn off most of the time.

It was still on this morning when I got up. The computer had been asleep the whole time. When I pressed one of the menu.

Is this something that could be fixed by exchanging the monitor or should I look at a different brand/model?

• 

16.7K Posts

July 25th, 2019 10:00

IsaacFL1961,

Click my name and private message me the monitor service tag number as well as your registered name, email address, and phone number.

No Events found!