Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Z

1 Message

February 19th, 2019 05:00

U2718Q, Firmware M2B103, inquiry to release, #2

To Dell Official,

On the U2718Q driver page, it says you updated the firmware file today, 19/Feb/2019, but upon clicking, the link still shows the M2B102 firmware updated on 19/Jan/2018. Please check.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

February 19th, 2019 07:00

I have sent an email to the Driver team asking for an explanation.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

February 20th, 2019 04:00

Firmware M2B103 was not released to the File Library. Still no answer as to why the date changed.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

February 20th, 2019 06:00

A user posted pictures of a September 2018 A04 with firmware M2B103. Another user posted an October 2018 A04 with firmware M2B102. So there is some variance in stock. In theory, when purchased NEW directly from the Dell website, they should have the latest A0x and firmware installed. Purchasing from any reseller is hit or miss. You could ask the reseller to open the box and actually check the label for the serial number and A0x number. They might do this to get the sale.

February 20th, 2019 06:00

About to go out and (potentially) purchase several of these today. 

Its important to me that I get the newest revision and firmware. 

Its my understanding that a04 is the newest revision yes?

however it’s also my understanding that only some of these come with the newest firmware?

any way to discern?

regardless (in case otherwise) any word on this firmware being put up online?  Can’t understand why it wouldn’t be considering monitors are shipping with it.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

February 20th, 2019 07:00

Based on the other users, the S/N is not definitive in the Sep/Oct time frame to notate M2B103. Maybe users who get one built after Oct can post their firmware. The Displays Team has not stated if M2B103 would ever be posted.

February 20th, 2019 07:00

What SN guarantees the newest firmware? I know (think) you can get the rev number straight off the box but as you said - guarantees nothing. I’d love to purchase from dell but toys+patience :p Oh, and dell is charging substantially more. There’s that too! Thanks for your help. Still waiting on word regarding the firmware being posted then? Do you have any reason to suspect it’s anything other than a time/priority thing and it will make its way up eventually?

February 20th, 2019 17:00

any reason you can ascertain as to why it wouldnt be?  I mean, admittedly I have no idea how business works at that level.

my thinking is something along the lines of A) they broke something with the newest revisions of the monitor that needed a special firmware B) the newest revisions of the monitor have different hardware  C) they want to punish early adopters or D) the firmware is bad and they dont want it getting out into the wild anymore than it already has....

Only scenarios i can surmise.  Considering - i have to be missing something. 

I scooped up two, however they were no longer carrying them in store as they "werent selling well" so I had to purchase offline.   Truly have no idea what ill be getting now.

Hoping for no "crazy green" issues that ive seen brought up, and no "crazy light bleed qc" issues ive seen brought up.  At what point those two were resolved ala revision and/or firmware (or if they ever were) is beyond me.  Im a few years late to the party with this display it looks like. 

thank you for your time

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

February 21st, 2019 04:00

any reason you can ascertain as to why it wouldn't be?
* No idea. I am not including in discussions with the monitor manufacturer. I can only relate the data I am given.

* I do not have answers to A/B/C/D.

1 Message

May 24th, 2019 16:00

I've made a grave mistake and downgraded from M2B103 to 102 :(. I see 103 hasn't been posted still and has been a really long-standing issue. This seems ridiculous that the driver team hasn't posted M2B103. If the firmware is shipping on a device, it should be made available to go back to. 

No Events found!