Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

2 Posts

May 29th, 2018 10:00

U2718Q, MacBook Pro, no volume control on audio output

I have an oontz angle speaker connected to the monitor from the audio out jack, it works but i can't control the volume up or down. it's just really loud.

i have it hooked up to my macbook pro

when i connect the speaker to the macbook pro headphone jack i can control the volume up and down using the system control or the keys on my keyboard, but when it's in the monitor audio jack it seems to disable them

is there anyway to control the volume on my speaker?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 29th, 2018 12:00

Unknown on the non-tested Apple. The U2718Q does not have built in Audio-Line out volume controls. On the tested Windows PC, when connected via the U2718Q in port (HDMI/DP/mDP), the Windows operating system audio playback controls the U2718Q Audio-Line out volume. We have no idea how the Apple operating system does this. You should post the issue on the Apple Forum to get assistance from other Apple users.

May 29th, 2018 14:00

are there no drivers for this monitor for mac? i can't find any on the dell site. only for windows

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 30th, 2018 06:00

Correct. There are no mac drivers.
* The U2718Q sales page under Tech Specs states, "Operating system supported
Windows 10, 8.1, 7"
* The U2718Q driver page only shows support for Windows 10/8.1/8/7
* The U2718Q User’s Guide never mentions Apple, only Windows

1 Message

August 9th, 2018 04:00

Please, write a driver for macOS to control the audio, I think we users who have paid for this monitor and been cheated by it's fake hdr deserve it. It will be a painkiller for us mac users.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 9th, 2018 06:00

BryantY,

The online sales page and User's Guide were very clear about what Dell will support. There are no plans to support Apple product with the U2718Q. Any Apple drivers for the Apple OS must be written by Apple.

No Events found!