Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

1 Message

July 21st, 2018 13:00

U2718Q, cannot turn it off via the button

Hi, 

I purchased around 3months ago the U2718Q, after using it during approximately 2months, it started doing weird stuffs:

• Impossible to turn it off using the power button, the other buttons don’t work too
    • The monitor is still running (displaying) correctly and is detected by the computer but its not detected by the dell application on windows.
    • If I shut down the laptop, the monitor is displaying a crazy full pixel screen
    • I need to unplug the monitor each time it does this to turn if off, approximately every time I use it, after 1-2 hours of use.
  • Sometimes there is some black screen flash, duration 1-2 seconds and also some lines flash

What I tried in order to fix it:

• Changed the HDMI cable
  • Using another input (PS4)
  • Installing the last driver and update for the windows 10 and the monitor
  • "Hard" reset the monitor

After all these tests, nothing changed. What could I try or is there any software update planned for that? Thank you in advance for your support. 

Infos :
Port type : HDMI
System : Windows 10
Graphic Card : GTX 960M
Connected to : Laptop and PS4
Purchased on Amazon

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

July 21st, 2018 15:00

First, it must be transferred into your name. That could take up to 7 business days. Second, hard reset it using these instructions, then test it on each platform one at a time.
* Turn the monitor off
* Disconnect all cables (including the power cable) from the rear and side of the monitor
* If a mechanical monitor power button, press the button in for 30 seconds (clears any residual power in the circuits). If not a mechanical power button, just wait for 30 seconds
* Reconnect the power cable and the video cable to one device. Retest

If still no go, read this.

No Events found!