My U2718Q crashes when I turn on the PS (PlayStation) 4 Pro while it is connecting with desktop via DP.
Steps to reproduce
* Turn off U2718Q, Desktop and PS4 Pro
* Connect them via DP and HDMI ports
Asus Radeon RX 570 DP 1.4 out port --> U2718Q DP to mDP cable --> U2718Q mDP in port
PS4 Pro HDMI out port --> HDMI to HDMI cable --> U2718Q HDMI in port
* Turn on Desktop and launch the Windows 10
* Turn on PS4 Pro
U2718Q crashes. U2718Q OSD and buttons have no response. Dell Display Manager shows "Please connect to a Dell monitor". Cannot power off the U2718Q via power button, I have to unplug it from the power socket.
Asus Z170M-PLUS, Intel i5 6600, 16GB DDR4
Asus Radeon RX 570 EX-RX570-O4G, connects with U2718Q via DP
Windows 10 Version 1709 (Build 16299.192)
Dell Display Manager Version 184.108.40.2069
AMD Radeon Driver 18.1.1
Tested with HDMI cable comes with PS4 Pro and another HDMI cable
PS4 Pro System firmware: 5.05
U2718Q Firmware: M2B102
It's just a guess, but check if you don't have enabled "HDMI Device Link" in a PS4 (Settings>System>Enable HDMI Device Link). If it is turned on, try to turn it off.
* Turn all three off
* Disconnect the computer DP cable, USB upstream cable, any USB devices from the U2718Q
* This leaves ONLY the HDMI cable connecting the PS4 to the U2718Q
* Turn the U2718Q on
* Turn the PS4 on. What are the results?
* Turn the U2718Q and PS4 off
* Connect both the computer and the PS4 to the U2718Q
* Turn the U2718Q on, then the computer and enter Windows 10
* Before turning the PS4 on, press the U2718Q Input Source button (page 32), check HDMI, then turn
the PS4 on. What are the results?
* Press the U2718Q Input Source button, check DP. What are the results?
"However after using with displayport for awhile, switching on the PS4 will crash the monitor instantly."
Before turning the PS4 on, press the U2718Q Input Source button (page 32), check HDMI, then turn the PS4 on. When doing this, does the U2718Q crash?
You could initiate a monitor exchange. Notate and compare the monitors 20 digit serial numbers and revisions. Test the replacement before sending any monitor back to Dell. If both have the same issue, return the replacement.
I am just experiencing exactly same issue. dp to desktop, hdmi to ps4 pro.
When I use desktop with dp signal for a while, and then turn on the ps4 pro, monitor just freezes.
Any further information?
No further information. You did not state if you are switching to HDMI in the U2718Q Input Source BEFORE turning the PS4 Pro on?