Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

October 15th, 2017 02:00

U2718Q, left and right color is inconsistent

I purchased directly from Dell and received a new one yesterday. it was found that opening the two identical white windows, one on the left side of the screen, one on the right side of the screen, could feel the obvious inconsistency, the left side was a little warm(See the following photo. I contacted the service, replaced the machine, but the problem remains the same (Just have a little bit different).
System: Windows 10 64bit

Connecting to monitor: video card Nvidia 1080ti DP out port-->  DP to mDP cable --> U2718Q mDP in port(I also tried HDMI)

I take a photo of screen using iPhone 7(left paper is little warm)

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

October 16th, 2017 08:00

Based on that picture, this U2718Q does meet our manufacturer specifications for color and overall uniformity.

Until you calibrate it using calibration hardware and software, yes, there will be a difference. First, reset it to Factory settings in the OSD (On Screen Display) -Others. Then use the OSD -Color -Preset Modes and first test each Color Temp. Then use OSD -Color -Preset Modes -Custom Color and tweak the RGB to see if it helps. But, the only way to get the best look is via calibration hardware and software.

9 Posts

October 17th, 2017 02:00

Thanks for reply. I do not know how to tweak the right side without affecting the left side,they are in the same monitor.  Is there any guidance?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

October 17th, 2017 07:00

Agreed, the OSD Menu settings will effect all of it, so calibration with a colorimeter is the only way I know of to do this.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

October 17th, 2017 08:00

That U2718Q does meet our manufacturer specifications for color and overall uniformity. We cannot exchange it. You can try to reset to Factory settings in the OSD (On Screen Display) -Others. If still not to your liking, calibrate it with additional calibration hardware and software.

9 Posts

October 17th, 2017 19:00

It is not my liking. I ask a lot of my colleagues to see the monitor. They all find left side is different from the right side when open document. I think some white overall uniformity calibration must be done in factory. Read/Edit document is a very common thing. We just mainly use monitor to visit internet or do some text document editing.The difference between the left and the right side of the white background gives a very uncomfortable feeling. Could you take a look at the photo? I will not replace the monitor again if this is the inherent defect of this product.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

October 20th, 2017 07:00

Could you take a look at the photo?

*  Yes. That U2718Q does meet our manufacturer specifications for color and overall uniformity.

No Events found!