Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

April 10th, 2018 08:00

U2718Q, weak brightness in HDR Games

Hello.
I have a problem with U2718Q monitor. After updating the monitor's firmware (M2B102) in HDR Mode, specially when I'm playing HDR games with PC or PS4 Pro, the monitor brightness backlight is normal for 2 minutes.
But after 2 minutes the brightness automatically gets weaker and its disturbing. Although, after 4 minutes the brightness backlight backs to normal but it get weak again after 2 minutes.
I have this problem after updating the monitor's firmware (M2B102) and i can't downgrade the firmware. Please fix this problem in new firmwares.

Best ragards.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

April 10th, 2018 09:00

I don't suppose you took pictures or video of the screen prior to installing M2B102 so that we can compare to now? Can you post a video of the issue in action?

6 Posts

April 10th, 2018 23:00

Yes. Unfortunately i don't have any footage from before installing M2B102 firmware for comparison. But I'm sure that I'm didn't have brightness issue before updating monitor's firmware. I will try to send you a video about this issue. But I'm sure the brightness issue of my monitor will done automatically. I even thought this problem could be a thermal issue so I'm tried to make my room temperature down but it didn't effect the monitor.
And this problem is just on HDR mode and i didn't have this problem on SDR mode.

6 Posts

April 11th, 2018 07:00

I forgot to tell that when the brightness is low, the issue will fix after changing the input source. For example, when i change the input from HDMI to mDP the brightness returns to normal for 2 minutes but the brightness will get weaker after 2 minutes.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

Page 40 states =
NOTE: The possible peak luminance during HDR mode is 550-nit. The actual value and duration during HDR playback might vary according to the video content.

The way I read that, the brightness will fluctuate. As to why it was not noticeable prior to the firmware update, no idea.

6 Posts

You will notice my problem if you look at the light of wall in beginning and the end of this video
👇
https://youtu.be/DE4IODz3Q1Y

6 Posts

April 11th, 2018 08:00

The manual says the brightness will have to fluctuate. But I have this problem right after updating firmware and I think it will fix by a new firmware. As I played this game before updating the monitor's firmware and I didn't have this issue.I believe that this problem could fix in a new firmware update.

6 Posts

April 13th, 2018 04:00

I think there is a misconception. You said that the fluctuate of brightness is vary depends on video content. But I have fluctuates in constant times even on a solid picture after 2 minutes and it is not because of video content. Even on my video, I captured the footage from a constant point for demonstrating the problem.

I believe this problem could be solved by a new firmware update if you can report this issue to the Tech Team. I will appreciate if you do.

Regards. 

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

April 13th, 2018 05:00

I did report it to the team. They are not seeing the issue on their three U2718Q M2B102 in the lab nor are we seeing calls coming in pertaining to this complaint. At this point, all you can do is request an exchange. Make sure the technician notates the issue came from M2B102.

No Events found!