Highlighted
vasterad
1 Nickel

U2718Q, white color tint uniformity (it's darker on the left side)

Jump to solution

When displaying white/gray or just browsing websites with white background there is visible diffrence in brightness between left and right side of the monitor. Is that normal/under tolerance? It's not noticeable on other than white/gray colors. Photos from dell diagnostics utility below

20180524_132038.jpg20180524_131936.jpg20180524_131942.jpg20180524_131949.jpg20180524_131954.jpg

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: U2718Q, white color tint uniformity (it's darker on the left side)

Jump to solution

Still, based on the newer BID (Built-in Diagnostics) pictures, it passes our manufacturer specifications for overall uniformity. Dell will not exchange this. If inside the first 30 days from the Dell invoice date, you may return it for refund.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Jump to solution

Based on the BID (Built-in Diagnostics) pictures, it passes our manufacturer specifications for overall uniformity. For my notes, send me via Private Message the monitor service tag number.

0 Kudos
vasterad
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Previous photos were not showeing well issue. Here's another photo with pattern on the screen. Look at the left and right side - left side is darker and has different tint comparing to the right side. I will check diffrences with xRite on Monday... Gray and white color uniformity is really poor.

https://i.imgur.com/jMj9e8I.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/1xXcnrd.jpg

IMG_6924.jpg20180525_120621.jpg

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Still, based on the newer BID (Built-in Diagnostics) pictures, it passes our manufacturer specifications for overall uniformity. Dell will not exchange this. If inside the first 30 days from the Dell invoice date, you may return it for refund.

0 Kudos