Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 6th, 2019 02:00

U2719DC, USB-A to USB-C adapter/cable needed for USB upstream

Hi,

We received some Dell U2719DCs over here and for some user we need the additional USB ports, so requiring the USB ports/hub from the screen being able to work.

However, these user work on Dell Optiplex 30x0 series, means they don't have the USB-C port for getting the USB upstream in place, which is sadly (for us) on USB-C already.

I tried some small lil USB-A to USB-C adapter which originally came with the DA200 USB-C combo adapter, but they are not working in combination with the delivered USB-C cable.

Any experience which ones to buy (1m) since most cables definitely just provide support on charging mobile/tablets? For video input we surely use either DP or HDMI.
Thanks.

17 Posts

August 28th, 2019 04:00

I bought some USB 3.1 Gen 2 to USB-C Adapter cable from a big company called Ama. They even offer their own cables/products since a while and this worked.

17 Posts

August 8th, 2019 02:00

Hi,

Any experience yet with either adapters, cabling or these model in general? We even have some smaller P2419HC's which do come with the same set of ports, so its not that monitor specific. Otherwise I just need to order some adapter cable and test, but there seem to be multiple USB-C standards in place, since f.e. some cables can just charge (from Apple), some just video etc. So less standardization in place there, at least no real visible indicator.

Thanks.

1 Message

September 16th, 2020 15:00

XAOSUN 3.1 Gen 2 USB A to C Adapter works.

No Events found!