geraltx
2 Bronze

Re: U2720Q, USB Type-C, MacBook Pro, flickers on/off

Jump to solution

Works great so far with the recommended cable. The factory supplied cable is garbage. Thanks Dell for wasting 3 hours of my time with your terrible support team.

0 Kudos
BooRadley908
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

@geraltx Hope this continues working for you. Heads up that eventually the problem returned for me and I had to have Dell replace the whole unit.

geraltx
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Thanks for following up, seems like the community is better at support than Dell. Mine is from April 2020 running firmware M2T102 connected via USB-C to a 2020 MacBook Pro.

I had the issue from day one, and then the duration between on/off started speeding up the last couple weeks. Either they're trying to hypnotize me or give me a seizure.

What's the production date / firmware on the old and new one? What was the time frame for the issues to return? Any issues so far?

0 Kudos
BooRadley908
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

> What's the production date / firmware on the old and new one? Any issues so far?

I don't have the old one anymore but I purchased it around the same time you did in Apr 2020. The new one is on  Firmware: M2T103 and I can't seem to find info on the production date.

0 Kudos
geraltx
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Thanks for your time. I really appreciate it. What was the time frame for the issues to return?

0 Kudos