Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 9th, 2022 02:00

U2720Q, buttons 1-4 are power, button 5 power doesn't work

Bought two U2720Q. Both are working but one has issues with its buttons. By "working", I mean I can connect them to the PC and they are recognized and display content. I installed Dell Display Manager and both screens are recognized, I can change luminosity and contrast on both.

The issue =
For the U2720Q that buttons on the bottom right are not working properly:
All buttons became "power" buttons. All buttons from 1, 2, 3 and 4 are turning on/off the screen.
The button 5, the supposed "power" button does nothing -> does not power ON/OFF the monitor, the LED is ON when screen is ON.

As a result, I cannot access the menu of the monitor. I am still under warranty, I received my U2720Q 2 days ago. The menu was working until yesterday night, I left home, U2720Q went in stand by or other. I came back and screen would stay black until I pressed one of the "new power" buttons (1, 2, 3 or 4).

buttons.JPG

3 Posts

January 14th, 2022 10:00

Monitor replaced with new one.

One with issues will be sent back.

3 Posts

January 9th, 2022 05:00

I installed DDM only after the problem occurred.

Connected or not connected to PC, the display does not show the menu, but instead buttons act as power ON/OFF.

Displays are both connected on a Windows 10 Enterprise, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 via Display Port.

PC model is a custom I did, not a laptop.

Display that has an issue is the only one I also connected the USB-C adapter given in the monitor box (USB-C to USB).

To me, it looks more like a software/hardware issue in the monitor.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 9th, 2022 05:00

Many variables there. Can you disconnect the problem U2720Q from that PC and test on another PC that does not have DDM installed?

Our users will need more data to assist =
* To what PC model are the U2720Q currently connected?
* What operating system?
* What video card/GPU?
* How are both U2720Q currently connecting using which ports and cables?

No Events found!