Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

3 Posts

April 11th, 2022 23:00

U2723QE, black screen when switching inputs, #2

Hello, I have exactly the same problem with 2 U2723QE monitors (both have same issue).

This happens with different devices: PC, MacBook Pro, Dell Precision

There is no mater it I just run computer or I am switch between two inputs. It also happened when some application need to change resolution. In my case the issue appears on USB-C and display ports.

Because it happened on two monitors it completely exclude issues with cables because there have two sets of cables and the problem w as also on originals cables included to the monitors.

Because I am using MB Pro I do not use daisy chaining feature.

From my point of view it looks like the monitor's software is freezing.

I forgot, I have HDR set on.

6 Posts

April 14th, 2022 10:00

I also got the same problem. software freeze and I need to unplug power cable.

1 Message

April 21st, 2022 05:00

I am having the same problem.

May 16th, 2022 17:00

I have the same issue, but even without switching inputs. It seems like if I let this display go to sleep while I have another screen connected to my macbook, it's software crashes and yanking the power cord is the only way to get it to come back to life.

I haven't seen it occur when it's the only display connected, but I've been using it less than 24 hours and have had it freeze twice when connected at the same time as another LG screen. Nothing on the other end of the cable should be capable of making the screen's own buttons stop working. Pretty shoddy.

3 Posts

May 19th, 2022 13:00

To refresh the topic I decided to add some additional information.
1. On all computers I have installed the Dell Display manager application
2. I have installed all drivers for monitors and color profiles
3. Firmware version: M2T101 - on the both monitors
4. DDC/CI is on
Because I am not alone with this problem from few months I hope that someone finally solve this issue because it starts getting annoying and frustrating.

3 Posts

May 21st, 2022 06:00

I'm seeing a similar problem here. M1 MacBook Pro connected to a CalDigit TS3+, which in turn is connected to the U2723QE over USB-C and a P2415Q over DisplayPort. The U2723QE doesn't wake from sleep at times and won't recover unless the power is cycled. My spouse has a similar setup with a U2723QE and is observing the same problem on a Windows PC and M1 MacBook Pro.

3 Posts

May 23rd, 2022 01:00

One more information - which I forgot to write from the beginning of this topic. On Windows computers I have an error like in the screenshot (s/n is removed). Of course OSD does not work as I mentioned, cables does not matter. Same error appears for both my monitors, difference is only in s/n.

szakal11_0-1653293320803.png

14 Posts

May 23rd, 2022 19:00

I am having the same issue.

2 Posts

May 24th, 2022 00:00

Anyone got the solution? Looking for someone form Dell 

• 

25.1K Posts

May 24th, 2022 00:00

Hello, I see you are looking for technical assistance. If you need our help, you can start a private message with us and we will be happy to assist you.

6 Posts

June 1st, 2022 19:00

I'm quite sure its decide problem so no solution would be provide.

Alone with the HDR flicker problem

14 Posts

June 3rd, 2022 06:00

the issue occurred again 2 times yesterday, I have 2 U2723QE, one usb-c to DP, another usb-c to usb-c, both are having this issues.

1 Message

June 9th, 2022 00:00

I have the exact same problem as many others and the behavior is 100% reproducible.

• 

16.7K Posts

August 12th, 2022 08:00

RCBANANA,

Following up to see if you were able to update and resolve the issue? 

1 Message

September 11th, 2022 20:00

Having the same issue here as well, has persisted since I purchased the display a month ago.

Connections:

• Daisy-chained DP monitor is a Dell U2412M, connection is made using the DP cable provided with the U2327QE.
  • KVM is used, with a wired MS USB keyboard and PS/2 to USB adapter for a wired trackball
  • USB-C 90W is connected to a HP Elitebook 850 G8. Realtek GbE Ethernet is used instead of WiFi for this laptop.
  • DP is connected via "8K" DP cable to a Hades Canyon NUC Mini-DP out + USB-A to USB-C for the side channel connection. The NUC has the Realtek USB GbE driver disabled as it uses the 2 onboard Ethernet controllers to create a bonded link with a wired switch.
  • Dell Display Manager was tried on all systems, along with the latest monitor drivers for both primary and secondary displays.

Symptoms:

Any time the laptop is connected, even if slept but probably "charging", the NUC's DP will not wake the display. Usually, this happens after the HP has been driving the screens and KVM over USB-C, so it's unclear if I can "move the mouse" or "push a key" to send a wake signal to the NUC if it's decided to sleep due to inactivity. When I go to use the NUC, I will usually unplug the HP first before powering the NUC on.  9/10 times the result is usually:

• The U2327QE and U2412M screens remains blank
  • The U2327QE power LED is solidly illuminated
  • The U2327QE power button has no effect (short push or long hold push hoping for a power cycle like a PC)
  • The U2327QE joystick press or movement has no effect (no on-screen menu displayed)
  • It takes removal of physical power to the U2723QE to clear the condition, via removing and plugging the power cable back in

This smells of firmware + lack of a hardware watchdog to pet occasionally, leading to a soft hang or deadlock.

No Events found!