Highlighted
skilganon
1 Copper

U2913WM daisy chain to U2410 through a mac?

I have a new Dell U2913WM that has a DP out as well as a DP in. I've connected it to my existing Dell U2410 using a male-to-male DP connector but I get no display on it - I'm running on Mac so I can't use any of the software supplied by Dell - any ideas how to Daisy Chain these two monitors together ?

0 Kudos
7 Replies

RE: How to Daisy Chain a U2913WM to a Dell U2410 through a mac?

skilganon,

Unknown. We do not test on apple. Assuming you turned on DP1.2 in the U2913WM?

* The computer video card and video card driver must be certified to DP1.2 with MST option
* Press the Menu button to open the OSD (On Screen Display)
* Open Other Settings
* Enable DisplayPort 1.2
* Exit the OSD

* Setup 1 =
(1) Computer video card DP out --> DP to DP cable --> U2913WM DP in (closest to blue VGA port)
(2) U2913WM DP out (next to audio port) -->DP to DP cable --> Secondary monitor DP in

* Setup 2 =
(1) Computer video card mDP out --> Dell mDP to DP cable 05VX0 --> U2913WM DP in (closest to blue VGA port)
(2) U2913WM DP out (next to audio port) -->DP to DP cable --> Secondary monitor DP in

0 Kudos
skilganon
1 Copper

Yes the computer is compatible - its a late 2013 Mac Pro. And yes I switched on DisplayPort 1.2 in the OSD settings of the monitor.

Its setup using Setup 2 in your options - Mac (Thunderbolt Port) to DP in on U2913. DP to DP to secondary monitor

0 Kudos
skilganon
1 Copper

Actually I just found out that OSX9.2 doesnt yet support MST.

0 Kudos

It never will. You need OS X 10.9.3.

0 Kudos
wuhzah
1 Copper

So far the latest build of 10.9.3 does support daisy chain. I've done it with a rMBP late 2013. The problem is the two monitors are treated as one. That is both external monitors are mirrors of each other. Not really particularly helpful. I have two U2413s connected via display port.

0 Kudos
moh123
1 Copper

did you ever manage to get it working properly?

0 Kudos
Toggi3
1 Copper

RE: U2913WM daisy chain to U2410 through a mac?

It will never work.  It still doesn't work with Yosemite.  Apple are being lazy/incompetent in stewarding their own displayport specification.  Apple has yet to support 1.2 MST on anything.  The only way to daisy chain displays on a mac is with the thunderbolt displays unless Apple miraculously becomes motivated to fix their drivers to better support the specification they created.

0 Kudos