Highlighted

U2913WM, dropped forward and LCD damaged, displaying multicolored artifacts, repair or replace?

I read the before you post thread, but as the obvious reason for my problem is physical damage, I don't see the need to post all my video card / PC settings etc. I bought this monitor in July 2014 through Amazon Prime (direct from Amazon) and just the other day was unplugging the DVI cable from my PC under my desk. The movement of cables caused the monitor stand I am using to move and the Dell monitor flipped forward onto its face on my desk with a small drop. After I turned it back on the LCD panel is displaying multiple colours (mainly black/white) with artefact shapes that look like random cracks / lines. Clearly the LCD is damaged and beyond display capability. The OSD seems to function as when I use the controls I can hear it beeping. The monitor also responds to being plugged into HDMI/DVI/Display port, so I'm pretty sure its just the LCD panel itself that is damaged (there is no visible physical damage at all). What are my options here? Is there somewhere/someone that is able to replace/swap the LCD panel?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

RE: Dell U2913WM - dropped forward and LCD damaged - displaying multicoloured artefacts - repair or replace?

Dell does not repair monitors, sell monitor components, or have disassembly documentation. Your only recourse is to take it to a local TV repair center to see if they can diagnose the issue. Then have them look for spare parts on ebay.

0 Kudos